Would you Fiesta Forum people be impressed?

mrblanche

Would you be impressed if I told you I had one of the original 1978 Ford Fiestas imported into the US? We bought it new from a Ford dealer in Burleson, TX, and drove it the next day to Massachusetts.

It was one of our all-time favorite cars, and at least part of the inspiration for ordering our new Mustang with a stick shift.

It was a nice little car, in spite of its foibles. Clutch was no more than an on/off switch. In about 70,000 miles, replaced the water pump twice and the heater controls at least once. They must have put really soft front brake pads on it; they were gone in about 12,000 miles.

But it was very comfortable, and even the back seat was reasonable. The one I had had every option on it.

And my wife's enjoyment of that little car is one of the reasons she insisted on getting a manual transmission in the Mustang we have on order.

Our Fiesta looked exactly like this photo when we got it in 1978. The only option on this one that we didn't have was the rear wiper. Yes, we had the aluminum wheels, and while we never had a problem with them, everybody else had broken at least one of them.

post-55382-0-78419800-1462156051_thumb.jpg