2016 Edge cargo area shade - rear vinyl piece and clips

vanman628

• 2 weeks later...

vanman628 I was beginning to think that was going to be my problem alone. Glad to hear someone else is as puzzled as I am. We ordered ours after we had the Edge for a month. I put it in place and just stared at it. When we bring the vehicle in for maintenance, we'll have to ask around the dealership for install instructions. You would think a sheet of paper would be in the box with some instructions printed on it. :idea:

Can anyone tell me what the vinyl pieces (that hang on the side of the shade facing the back seat) and the clips attached to them, are supposed to be used for?

My dealer has no idea.

Thanks!

If it is like the shade I have, the four pieces clip to the four headrest posts and the short section of vinyl now covers the small section between the rear seats and the shade mounting bracket.

I have had no problem with the shade overall.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 2015 Edge with the shade and wish I had not bothered with this option. Very poorly designed compared to shades in other similar vehicles. It needed to mount higher and closer to the seat backs to truly be of use. I find it is more in the way than of use. When not in use, the pull part of the shade hangs down and covers the one tiny little cargo light. The cabin of the car lights beautifully with multiple ceiling lights and ambient floor/door lighting not so much in the cargo area. One of my few complaints about an otherwise awesome vehicle.