Recaro seat swap

willie7088

I own a 2015 Mustang GT with PP and ordered it with Recaro leather seats. The comfortability is not so good as i am a little large. So I purchased a set of heated, cooled power seats from the same year. Installed them to find out the wiring is not the same and one plug does not exist as the power seats requires 2 plugs and the manual recaro's requires just one. Does anyone have an idea here. Does Ford make a pigtail. I am sure I'm not the only person wanting to change these seats out. HELP spent alot of money for these power seats.

Yes the power seats have air bags. The power seats have 2 plugs that are required on the bottom of the seat that need to plug into wiring harness. My car has only one. I think the one plug is for the heating and cooling features and the other for the air bag, seat belt alarms and such. The plug that is there (wiring harness) the pins in the plug are not located in the same orientation as the one that was on my Recaro seats. and there is more pins on the bottom of the power seat plug in.

I was so excited when I got in our test drive mustang to find the recaro seats because to be honest I had my mind set on getting them. But after a quick 10 minute test drive my back was sore from them and they were a definate no for me. That and the fact that for how much more they are, they're not even power seats, at least in the 2016 we tested. Hope all works out for you with the swap.

• 3 years later...