Some observations 2016 Tahoe LT

fordtech1

I got a Tahoe LT as a loaner when I took my parent's Corvette in for a torque tube replacement. So I thought I would share my experiences. Overall, not a bad SUV. I can see how it has a following. Keep in mind I am not a GM fan. There are a few models I like pretty well but won't see me with a bowtie except for a late model Corvette or a couple Cadillac models from a few years.

Let me start with it's a nice SUV and some of my issues are because it's not what I'm used to.

The Labe departure system seems like a cheap version compared to the F150. The seat vibrates when you drift too far or if you're parking the parking aid makes the seat vibrate when it detects an object. I truly hate it. It went off and it startled me, I thought my phone or something fell between the console and the seat. So I'm looking because the right butt cheek vibrated. The steering wheel vibrating is a much better attention getter IMO.

The 5.3 is adequate, but whenever you are used to driving a 3.5GTDI it feels labored.

Ofcourse, the 3rd row needs IRS because its too high.

This vehicle didn't have HID, but the regular halogen lights are really poor at night. Terrible coverage. They remind me of the 13 Fusion, which are lacking also.

Mylink works pretty well. The voice commands work well and it lowers the EATC fan speed when you are using voice recognition. Thats a great feature.

One oddity is this vehicle has collision warning, but not adaptive cruise. At least I didn't see any options and it doesn't slow on its own.

Oh I almost forgot, I have an issue with that huge column shifter. It's so bulky.

The expedition seems more manly and the Tahoe feels like a mom mobile.

Either way I appreciate the use of the loaner and its a nice SUV, I just won't be buying one.

How's the handling?

I'm asking this because last year we got two 2014 Tahoe PPV (a 2WD and a 4WD) at work. They're relatively low-mileage for patrol cars now (60 000 kms/75 000kms) but those things feels so loose on the highway. When I first started driving them it was when I had my '13 GT as a daily so I thought I just got used to a relatively well handling car. But when I traded the GT on my '15 F150 this winter I saw the difference.

How's the handling?

I'm asking this because last year we got two 2014 Tahoe PPV (a 2WD and a 4WD) at work. They're relatively low-mileage for patrol cars now (60 000 kms/75 000kms) but those things feels so loose on the highway. When I first started driving them it was when I had my '13 GT as a daily so I thought I just got used to a relatively well handling car. But when I traded the GT on my '15 F150 this winter I saw the difference.

On smooth roads it drives pretty well. However, on rougher roads it's floaty. I don't recall anything too loose feeling on highway.

• Like 1