Time cards & kiosks

Dayshift

You can always tell when you're dealin' with someone who hasn't worked for a living. You should know by now that you have to be on your job ready to work when the line starts, and you get paid until the line stops for the day or the end of your shift. You don't get paid to walk to the clock and punch out......... You can try to do what YOU think is right for you, but make sure you have another job lined up............

Seriously??? First off, you know nothing about me, I know nothing about you or your seniority. Not that I really care that you know, but I've worked the line for well over 20 years, grunting on some of the worst jobs in a plant, so I think I've worked for my living.Yep, I know about arriving to work 1/2 hr early to get to my work station and leaving the facility 20 minutes after the line has stopped. This is just the logistics of our careers. I'm just looking at the big picture of what this contract is about... Can't be sick more than once on a Fri or Mon unless you want to enter the "attendance program", kiosks to make sure we are all tied to the line, part-timers to eliminate OT (3rd tier), and what else in the fine print?

Don't worry about me needing another job lined up, I'll be OK, but maybe it's about time we start behaving like a United work force.

• Like 1

Seriously??? First off, you know nothing about me, I know nothing about you or your seniority. Not that I really care that you know, but I've worked the line for well over 20 years, grunting on some of the worst jobs in a plant, so I think I've worked for my living.Yep, I know about arriving to work 1/2 hr early to get to my work station and leaving the facility 20 minutes after the line has stopped. This is just the logistics of our careers. I'm just looking at the big picture of what this contract is about... Can't be sick more than once on a Fri or Mon unless you want to enter the "attendance program", kiosks to make sure we are all tied to the line, part-timers to eliminate OT (3rd tier), and what else in the fine print?

Don't worry about me needing another job lined up, I'll be OK, but maybe it's about time we start behaving like a United work force.

very much agree with you!

I don't need to no anything about you, and if you have 20+ years then maybe you knew the answer to your question before you asked it. You have to be ready for your job at starting time, and you are off the clock at quitting time. You don't get paid to walk to the job, and you don't get paid to walk away until it's complete........... That's just the way it is, and it's been that way for a very long time.........

there is all kinds of problems with this! it is not efficient if one guy per line has to cover for 60 min to get all 'clocked' in or team leader

ford will not pay for this.

look for a modified entry point into plant that may be more like it

ofc we all know what u said about contract before it happened, and that didnt complete.

I said for the set up you knucklehead. Not for daily punch in.

You're a loser.

I don't need to no anything about you, and if you have 20+ years then maybe you knew the answer to your question before you asked it. You have to be ready for your job at starting time, and you are off the clock at quitting time. You don't get paid to walk to the job, and you don't get paid to walk away until it's complete........... That's just the way it is, and it's been that way for a very long time.........

is that how CEO's get paid? only when they are working?

Then why do we need a kiosk system to clock in and out?

Then why do we need a kiosk system to clock in and out?

Why not?

Ever have to constantly ask for your time to get corrected because half ass supervisors cannot even enter time properly?

I for one and sick of it.

It's a 3-4 time a month thing. Supervisor says "oh ua I fixed it!" pay stub says he didn't.

Then I have to waste my union reps time for 2-4 hours f pay.

It's stupid. I'd rather be responsible for my own time keeping than half of these coked up, drunk, lazy ass supervisors.

If you don't want a clock because you want to come a d go as you please then tough shit. Quit your job or keep your ass on the job.

It's called work, suck it up cupcake.

Have you guys stopped to think the name badges we all have as global ford employees have everything you need for the new Kiosks. They will cost nothing.

They only take a swipe and your in. They have already done the door surveys at most plants and have ordered the proper number needed for that location.

30 min early and 30 mins over will not require anything special you will get paid the scheduled time. If you plan on hanging around longer than that you will need to go punch out or your supervisor will have to correct it.

Some facilities will be using the kiosks by July. They are being installed in Parts as we speak.

Talk to your senior UNION reps they have all been briefed. This is coming unless the Union performs a miracle.

Why not?

Ever have to constantly ask for your time to get corrected because half ass supervisors cannot even enter time properly?

I for one and sick of it.

It's a 3-4 time a month thing. Supervisor says "oh ua I fixed it!" pay stub says he didn't.

Then I have to waste my union reps time for 2-4 hours f pay.

It's stupid. I'd rather be responsible for my own time keeping than half of these coked up, drunk, lazy ass supervisors.

If you don't want a clock because you want to come a d go as you please then tough shit. Quit your job or keep your ass on the job.

It's called work, suck it up cupcake

What kind of job do you have that a supervisor "f's" up your pay? An hourly worker is at their work station when the line starts and leaves when the line stops. You get paid for that amount of time. I know Ford hires some poor quality supervisors, but to not pay you for your working time, 3-4 times a month, is hard to believe. In 23+ years I can't think of one time that I didn't get paid for the time I worked.

As far as the personal jab, I am not a cupcake, (but I do like eating Hostess brand cupcakes). Not sure but you might need to grow some whiskers and gain some seniority, bid on some jobs, then see how you like being tied to the line like a new-hire that you seem to be.

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. What is Ford or the IUAW trying to accomplish by implementing a kiosk system, dictating when we can be sick (only 1 fri or mon in a calendar year) etc... The squeeze is on...

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. What is Ford or the IUAW trying to accomplish by implementing a kiosk system, dictating when we can be sick (only 1 fri or mon in a calendar year) etc... The squeeze is on...

When you put it that way, you make it seem as if they're trying to weed out the lazy fucks who don't want to work.

I for one support that fully. It's infuriating watching the same people cry and bitch about not wanting to do this job or thay job, then wind up doing easy shit day in and day out. Or the people who show up late every day because they want to circle the parking lot to make sure they can get the closest spot they can get. Or the people that abuse FMLA or constantly leave for medical.

When you put it that way, you make it seem as if they're trying to weed out the lazy fucks who don't want to work.

I for one support that fully. It's infuriating watching the same people cry and bitch about not wanting to do this job or thay job, then wind up doing easy shit day in and day out. Or the people who show up late every day because they want to circle the parking lot to make sure they can get the closest spot they can get. Or the people that abuse FMLA or constantly leave for medical.

I'll second that.

What kind of job do you have that a supervisor "f's" up your pay? An hourly worker is at their work station when the line starts and leaves when the line stops. You get paid for that amount of time. I know Ford hires some poor quality supervisors, but to not pay you for your working time, 3-4 times a month, is hard to believe. In 23+ years I can't think of one time that I didn't get paid for the time I worked.

As far as the personal jab, I am not a cupcake, (but I do like eating Hostess brand cupcakes). Not sure but you might need to grow some whiskers and gain some seniority, bid on some jobs, then see how you like being tied to the line like a new-hire that you seem to be.

I bid on the job I currently have. I'm not tied to the line.

You can take your old timer "get some seniority" rhetoric and shove it up your ass. My whiskers are grey and patience for incompetence is thin.

Lazy people will complain about a time keeping system, those of us that don't mind showing up every day on time, staying over for start up, picking up an extra day won't whine about it.

You can feel like the man is squeezing you, that's your opinion and I can see how it could be valid.

From where I stand this system takes time reporting out of someone else's hands and puts it in mine, I'll bank on myself over others all day long.

Get another 7 years and retire or stay another 23, I don't care what you do but know this if a punch in and out system bothers you you might want to leave sooner than later.

A lot of us new hires want the scumbags weeded out better than when your old man got you your job.

ofc at my plant, most of the new hires are the 'scum' not the old timers, u can take you poor(anti union) attitude and go somewhere else

they fire ten or more PER DAY for tardiness or awols(new hires)

Must be nice. I've been at 2 plants and never seen ANYONE fired for tardiness or AWOLs... Ever...

Must be nice. I've been at 2 plants and never seen ANYONE fired for tardiness or AWOLs... Ever...

well ive been to five plants and never seen the shit ive seen down here

but most of that is not good

they fire old guys/gals with attendance issues too

they even fire ppl who abuse FMLA

toll this year has got to be 100 or more

ofc lots of the new hires fail drug test before they even come in, like 50% fail

ofc at my plant, most of the new hires are the 'scum' not the old timers, u can take you poor(anti union) attitude and go somewhere else

they fire ten or more PER DAY for tardiness or awols(new hires)

I'm hardly anti union. Typical reply from anyone that wants to work next to people who want to work and not lazy pieces of shit that spend more effort getting a medical restriction than their actual job requires.

Just because I am ashamed I have to call some of these slugs my union brother/sister doesn't mean I'm anti union.

I bid on the job I currently have. I'm not tied to the line.

You can take your old timer "get some seniority" rhetoric and shove it up your ass. My whiskers are grey and patience for incompetence is thin.

Lazy people will complain about a time keeping system, those of us that don't mind showing up every day on time, staying over for start up, picking up an extra day won't whine about it.

You can feel like the man is squeezing you, that's your opinion and I can see how it could be valid.

From where I stand this system takes time reporting out of someone else's hands and puts it in mine, I'll bank on myself over others all day long.

Get another 7 years and retire or stay another 23, I don't care what you do but know this if a punch in and out system bothers you you might want to leave sooner than later.

A lot of us new hires want the scumbags weeded out better than when your old man got you your job.

Not sure if you are Salary or IUAW with comments like these. But first, I am not a scumbag - (I'd have to have your definition of "scumbag"), and my old man did not get me this job, (I have no relatives that work at Ford). I might leave in 7 years, or maybe 17 years, depending on my financial situation and relative circumstances. I am not lazy, (could probably work circles around you) - so you can take my seniority rhetoric, pull it out my ass and chew on it. Maybe then you might understand some of the aspects of UNIONISM.

As far as the other hater, if employees are driving around the lot looking for a closer parking spot, why are they not being docked for being late? or sent to HR for discipline?

I am all about helping "new hires" - when they want the help. Problem is the last 2 or 3 contracts has divided our workforce. We really need to get back to being a UNION.

Back to the original discussion: who benefits from a kiosk system? OK, you are responsible for your time and pay, eventually will you be responsible for PM on your equipment?, maybe the group leaders will eventually be responsible for discipline? starting & stopping the line?

I prefer to show up on time, do the work I'm assigned to do, check the DROT for proper payment, and let the over-payed salary earn a living by pushing some buttons or a pencil to pay me for an honest day's work.

This is probably my last post - so typical of this board that it has to turn into a shitshow.