Time cards & kiosks

Dayshift

The talk in all the plants seems to be kiosks & time cards yet i have heard nothing official from any union reps.

Is this coming and why. Was it part of this years negotiation or does the company reserve the right to implement this type of change at will?

Does anyone know where were at on this and a timeline?

Edited by Dayshift

It is coming! Implementing first in the parts division May or June. Don't have any details yet other than you must remain at your facility for the entire shift, swiping a time card when you start and when you leave. I think this will come to assembly by 2017. This was some of the small print in our contract, along with the company's free will to hire as many part timers as they want. If our union brothers and sisters would have just read a few pages past the signing bonuses....or if our elected officials would have given us the real details before voting?

• Like 2

Wondering if the elected and appointed members will have to adhere to the new process?

Wait a minute.... Henry said a long long time ago, "go ahead and have your little union, I will control it by giving executive privileges to the elected members." "First off they will have the privilege of coming and going without any regard to a time card."

Never mind... the privileges are still in place and the control is still working. Ahhhhh Bank Hours.....

• Like 1

Wondering if the elected and appointed members will have to adhere to the new process?

Wait a minute.... Henry said a long long time ago, "go ahead and have your little union, I will control it by giving executive privileges to the elected members." "First off they will have the privilege of coming and going without any regard to a time card."

Never mind... the privileges are still in place and the control is still working. Ahhhhh Bank Hours.....

So True!! Building Chairman has the contractual right to come and go as needed - "union business". Eventually, regardless of classification, (most of us) will all be "tied to the line". Won't matter if I'm a parts picker, tag-relief person, fork driver, or a new hire decking hoods. When the whistle blows we all get to yell Yabba Dabba Do!

• Like 1

Did our union read this page before signing it.

Who were they trying to help with this contract change, us or the company.

Nice Job *&^%%$$

If you're paid for X amount of hours your ass should be in the plant for the same amount of hours.

I see no problem with this.

• Like 3

I don't see anything in that language that points to time cards. I see language that covers replacing the TWOS system, which is based in the 80's, and setting kiosks up to check our own time electronically instead of DROTS being printed and posted every day.

• Like 2

I don't see anything in that language that points to time cards. I see language that covers replacing the TWOS system, which is based in the 80's, and setting kiosks up to check our own time electronically instead of DROTS being printed and posted every day.

I thought that with the ability to dock you in 1 minute interviles, a "time card" would be better to do that. If your foreman says you were 1 minute late and you will be docked you could challenge that easy. It just seems we are going back to the old-new time card system.......... Time will tell............. pun intended

I thought that with the ability to dock you in 1 minute interviles, a "time card" would be better to do that. If your foreman says you were 1 minute late and you will be docked you could challenge that easy. It just seems we are going back to the old-new time card system.......... Time will tell............. pun intended

And if you're consistently late enough to where that's a real problem, then you need to plan better

Anything is possible. I just don't see anything that screams "time cards". I see this as a way to eliminate more salaried responsibilities and save a crap-ton of paper.

• Like 1

Time cards? Badge in, badge out.

Badges can be lost , forgotten or someone else manipulate.

A bio metric scanner based on your fingers , hand or eye can not be forgotten, lost or loaned.

Curious to see what or how the company implements the new system.

So at the assembly plant, let's just say the line starts at 6:00 am, if I swipe/time-in at 5:45 to make the trek to my work station by 5:59 to start my shift, and then clock out at 2:45 pm when leaving the building, will I get paid 8.5 hrs? Or, do I clock-in at 5:59, be late to my work station, leave my work station early and clock-out at 2:29, and get paid for 8 hrs?

Who is stealing money/time from who in the kiosk system?

So at the assembly plant, let's just say the line starts at 6:00 am, if I swipe/time-in at 5:45 to make the trek to my work station by 5:59 to start my shift, and then clock out at 2:45 pm when leaving the building, will I get paid 8.5 hrs? Or, do I clock-in at 5:59, be late to my work station, leave my work station early and clock-out at 2:29, and get paid for 8 hrs?

Who is stealing money/time from who in the kiosk system?

You can always tell when you're dealin' with someone who hasn't worked for a living. You should know by now that you have to be on your job ready to work when the line starts, and you get paid until the line stops for the day or the end of your shift. You don't get paid to walk to the clock and punch out......... You can try to do what YOU think is right for you, but make sure you have another job lined up............

• Like 2

you all crack me up, ford will not do anything that is super expensive, like eye scanners or fingerprint scanners

they will do the cheapest way...ALWAYS

Finger print scan time clocks are very inexpensive. Wouldn't cost much to have one on each line at all.

http://m.costco.com/uAttend-BN5500-WIFI-Biometric-Fingerprint-Time-Clock-.product.100074550.html

http://www.alliedtime.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1817

You could simply offer a tag guy on each line to stay over for an hours on each line, he'll get paid 5 and in less than 60 minutes your supervisor could have each person 1 by 1 set up a profile with their print. They could just have the team leader tag everyone on and off and do it as well.

New hires get done in orientation.

Don't think they wouldn't do this. It's cheap and efficient, two things companies love.

Agree caustic, there's little shops all throughout southeastern Michigan with finger or thumbprint scanners takes 2 secs to punch in/out they have them throughout the plant so there's not 30 peeps deep in line waiting it's cost effective & fast, probably does away with several bosses also

Agree caustic, there's little shops all throughout southeastern Michigan with finger or thumbprint scanners takes 2 secs to punch in/out they have them throughout the plant so there's not 30 peeps deep in line waiting it's cost effective & fast, probably does away with several bosses also

God knows if I didn't constantly have to wait 1-2 weeks after the fact to get paid for staying over, coming in on a day off I'd be all for it.

• Like 1

Finger print scan time clocks are very inexpensive. Wouldn't cost much to have one on each line at all.

http://m.costco.com/uAttend-BN5500-WIFI-Biometric-Fingerprint-Time-Clock-.product.100074550.html

http://www.alliedtime.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1817

You could simply offer a tag guy on each line to stay over for an hours on each line, he'll get paid 5 and in less than 60 minutes your supervisor could have each person 1 by 1 set up a profile with their print. They could just have the team leader tag everyone on and off and do it as well.

New hires get done in orientation.

Don't think they wouldn't do this. It's cheap and efficient, two things companies love.

there is all kinds of problems with this! it is not efficient if one guy per line has to cover for 60 min to get all 'clocked' in or team leader

ford will not pay for this.

look for a modified entry point into plant that may be more like it

ofc we all know what u said about contract before it happened, and that didnt complete.