Global Window Close

davidceder

I have a 2016 Edge Sport. Just playing around with it and trying "window global open & close" I can global open the two front windows by unlocking the car from the fob and than holding the unlock button for a few seconds. The problem is I cannot "close the windows". I tried the lock button but no go. I tried different variations of pressing/holding the lock and unlock buttons. Anyone know how to do this? Holding the lock button is supposed to close them, at least on a Fusion. I cannot find anything on the Edge.

Thnaks

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help your question but I was wondering if anyone knew what year this became available. It was a nice feature (both open & close) that was on my wife's Lexus RX400h but that's the *only* thing I've not found to be better on her 'new-to-us' 2012 Edge Limited. The Edge has everything & more; she loves it!

Global close does not work with the models with the sunroof.

Sure it does. Just not with the Vista Roof because it doesn't have the anti-pinch sensors.

I just looked it up and the MKX has the feature but it may only work with the windows not the vista roof.

• 3 years later...

I realize this is a three-year-old thread but thought I'd update it.

You 'can' use the remote to both open and close the windows of a 2015+ Edge even with the BAMR.  You won't find it in any of the vehicle's menus, you have to use the FORScan program.  I'm sure there are FORScan discussions on this forum and sources for the OBDII cable needed so I won't go there.  Once connected here's how I got the windows to roll both up/down via the remote on my '16 Edge with the Big Ass Moon Roof ;)

In FORSCAN go to BDYCM (As-Built) and change
726-17-01 to 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 to 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 to 0101 0000 0060

Go to DDM and change

740-05-01 Dxxx xx  (swapping in the D for whatever is there now)

Go to PDM and change

741-05-01 Dxxx xx  (swapping in the D for whatever is there now)

After making the above changes in FORScan you'll be able to press unlock/lock on your fob and then hold down unlock/lock button for a few seconds until front windows go down/up. Be sure you make all of the changes to BCM, DDM, and PDM modules.  Obviously it's a good idea to 'save' your existing setup before making changes in case you want to go back for some reason.

Cheers!

On my 2011 MKX, "global down" would work and pop up the vista roof to vent the hot air in the car, but due to the vista roof, "global up" did not work. On my 2017 MKC with vista roof, "global down" and "global up" both work but the vista roof does not open or close with that function.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...