2017 Ford Fusion Sport "skips" potholes

Which is even more puzzling as to why they haven't advertised it until now.

There have been a few stories on the Lincoln but not really mentioned in advertising. (http://www.pcworld.com/article/2599422/pothole-what-pothole-the-2015-lincoln-mkz-barely-notices-them.html) Ford doesn't really speak about features in the advertising. It's normally why don't we have it drive around and show some average looking people in it.

https://youtu.be/cHoUsT1AmAE

Only recently have they started ones that will show a feature of the vehicle and those seem to be more online that broadcast.

https://youtu.be/xGlTXCfgzr8

Last summer, I was driving my 2013 MKZ on a milled road which was being repaved and hit a pothole in Comfort or softest mode. It was a really jagged-edged pothole and immediately resulted in a bubble. I had to replace my two front $200 Michelin tires. Maybe it would have been better in Normal or Sport mode or the damage may have been much worse if I didn't have a CCD suspension.

Edited by hbalek

This doesn't have anything to do with pot holes, but couldn't find anything related and didn't want to start a new topic for one question. I've been looking at the 2017 Fusion and really like what I see and what it has to offer. At this point it's just a fantasy, because I would have to figure out how much I'm up side down on my C-Max, the out of pocket to settle that, etc., etc. Anyway, I've built a nice SE with 202A, 1.5L w/stop start (I like that for economy and carbon reduction), driver assist pkg, luxury pkg, tech pkg, and Nav. It has all the niceties I want and almost 4K under the Titanium with driver assist pkg and Nav.

My question is about the rotary gear shift. Does the knob lock in place in D or R when the car is moving, so if it gets bumped and turned it doesn't move. I know that the drive by wire wouldn't allow it to shift the car, but I'm curious if it is a squeeze and turn, push and turn, or pull and turn?

This doesn't have anything to do with pot holes, but couldn't find anything related and didn't want to start a new topic for one question. I've been looking at the 2017 Fusion and really like what I see and what it has to offer. At this point it's just a fantasy, because I would have to figure out how much I'm up side down on my C-Max, the out of pocket to settle that, etc., etc. Anyway, I've built a nice SE with 202A, 1.5L w/stop start (I like that for economy and carbon reduction), driver assist pkg, luxury pkg, tech pkg, and Nav. It has all the niceties I want and almost 4K under the Titanium with driver assist pkg and Nav.

My question is about the rotary gear shift. Does the knob lock in place in D or R when the car is moving, so if it gets bumped and turned it doesn't move. I know that the drive by wire wouldn't allow it to shift the car, but I'm curious if it is a squeeze and turn, push and turn, or pull and turn?

You surprise me. I figured you would be looking at an Energi model. Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I just watched a video on youtube of a Ram with a rotary shifter and you can't change the gear selection unless your foot is on the brake or the car is turned off, which it automatically goes into park.

With that being said, It just popped into my head (regarding the Fusion Sport) is how do you get it into sport mode if its locked in? It appears its a button on top of the shifter.

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1