GM’s Reuss joining board of trustees at The Henry Ford

Michael Wayland, The Detroit News 6:42 a.m. EST February 15, 2016

General Motors Co. product development chief Mark Reuss has been elected

to serve a three-year term on The Henry Ford Board of Trustees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As a lifelong Detroiter, I know exactly how important The Henry Ford is to our community,

and beyond," Reuss said in a statement. "It's a national treasure. I couldn't be happier to

join its board of trustees and do what I can to help it continue to preserve, archive and

encourage American innovation."

Full article at the link above........

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

The auto industry gets pretty small at times and this is one that reflects that. I've had a cocktail with him several years ago and he really is a good guy and very smart. Definitely a product person who is well respected and would find a home in the industry damn near anywhere.

• Like 2

not entirely. FMC is still one of their primary monetary backers.

A point of clarification. The Ford Motor Company Fund does contribute some money to the Henry Ford, but is not involved in its operations. Just like me. I contribute money to the Henry Ford but have no say-so in how they run the place.

On the other hand, the Ford Family is deeply involved in the operation of the Henry Ford. The company however, is not.

• Like 1

A point of clarification. The Ford Motor Company Fund does contribute some money to the Henry Ford, but is not involved in its operations. Just like me. I contribute money to the Henry Ford but have no say-so in how they run the place.

On the other hand, the Ford Family is deeply involved in the operation of the Henry Ford. The company however, is not.

I know, but to say that FMC itself has no connection with The Henry Ford or Greenfield Village isn't entirely accurate either.

Many people assume that the Ford Motor Company runs the Henry Ford. They do not. I just wanted to make that clear to those who aren’t familiar with the Henry Ford.

While I no longer live in Dearborn I grew up less than five miles from the place. I drop by the Henry Ford whenever I’m in town.

• Like 1