Focus RS: "God in Hatchback Form"

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems that, starting way back in the fall of 2006 when Allan Mullaly first took the reigns as Ford CEO, top-class engineering has really become front and center at Ford. And this is a good thing!

Now, I've been a life-long Ford fan (and probably always will be), but before 2006, I kinda always thought that perhaps they weren't tapping into their engineering creativity and brilliance as best as they could. Now, it most certainly seems like they are, across their whole spectrum of vehicles.

Perhaps this harkens back to one of Mullaly's mantras, which was something like "in every segment in which we compete, we intend to be the best."

This is a great time to be a Ford enthusiast, isn't it? (Still waiting, however, for an affordable 2-seater that is equal to or better than the Corvette!) :)

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems that, starting way back in the fall of 2006 when Allan Mullaly first took the reigns as Ford CEO, top-class engineering has really become front and center at Ford. And this is a good thing!

Now, I've been a life-long Ford fan (and probably always will be), but before 2006, I kinda always thought that perhaps they weren't tapping into their engineering creativity and brilliance as best as they could. Now, it most certainly seems like they are, across their whole spectrum of vehicles.

Perhaps this harkens back to one of Mullaly's mantras, which was something like "in every segment in which we compete, we intend to be the best."

This is a great time to be a Ford enthusiast, isn't it? (Still waiting, however, for an affordable 2-seater that is equal to or better than the Corvette!) :)

I think it was somewhat limited though (and rightly so) until about 3 years ago when it was clear the company was solvent and had completed most of the internal reorgs including platform consolidations.

Then they took the gloves off and now we have the Focus RS, GT and Mustang GT350 and the promise of 12 Ford performance models not to mention whatever they have planned for Lincoln and CD6.

• Like 2

top speed means nothing IMO...when the heck am I going to hit over 100mph, Im more interested in acceleration and midrange pulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...........and Ive heard that 4.7 sec spec is conservative as once again Fords torque limited the first two gears..........

• Like 1