The Buick Avista Concept - 400 HP RWD Luxury Muscle Car

Anthony

I wonder if Cadillac is holding them back or, if Art and Science is holding back Cadillac.

Short answer: both

Like the car though, it's bolder than anything Buick has done in a while. Like Richard alluded to though, what would be the market for it that Camaro and the V-cars can't cover?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Would it be wrong to call it a Grand National?

Grand National? No. Leave the performance market to Chevrolet. A Buick Riviera? Yes, I can see that - it's a little too upscale and classy for a Grand National.

Will it get built though? GM is taking a lot of chances lately and a two door coupe when Buick is barely on the radar seems like a risk that they would take.

This is the Alpha Buick that's been on again / off again more times than Ross and Rachael.

Last I heard it had zero shot at production.

If I had to guess, I'd say this concept was trotted out to help Buick's story from being solely about the quietly announced production Envision, the incredibly dated looking, Chinese-built crossover.

This is most likely the rumored Holden performance coupe that's Opel is getting also.

Possible 3 vehicles;

Buick Avista/GN

Opel Monza

Holden Monaro

If it goes to production, it will be sold in all those places for sure, plus China.

Camaro will be kept to just North America and China.