Production 2017 Lincoln Continental Revealed

I believe Lincoln marketing is avoiding the 'EcoBoost' name for their engines.

^^^ This.

What's interesting is there's no ecoboost badges or labels in the marketing or on the outside of the car, but on the engine cover for the 2.7 it says 2.7 Ecoboost. Same with the 3.0. Yet on the badging on the back it says 2.7T and 3.0T.

Curious.

Hmmm, I was about to say that I bet those engine covers will change to eliminate the EcoBoost name by the time it hits production, but I would have thought that would have not even been there on the 3.0. Maybe Ford decided it wasn't worth making a separate engine cover for Lincoln, since 99.9% of owners will never open the hood. Which really makes you wonder, what's the first Ford vehicle to get the 3.0T?

Maybe Ford decided it wasn't worth making a separate engine cover for Lincoln, since 99.9% of owners will never open the hood.

I will gladly represent the other one tenth of one per cent! Can't wait to get my hands on the Continental, get it tuned and take it to the track!

be391bf2-0572-4fb1-9f34-a053a2a9cbd1_zps

• Like 2

C-segment Lincoln is coming... there is no doubt about that. But it's a few more years away. Lincoln will need to address the price gap between MKZ and Continental now.

Lincoln recently dais that it does not plan to go below MKZ/MKC in price. I Think to me that implies either no C-segment car, or Mustang-based performance C-segment car (based on Mustang)

• Like 1

Lincoln recently dais that it does not plan to go below MKZ/MKC in price. I Think to me that implies either no C-segment car, or Mustang-based performance C-segment car (based on Mustang)

Why wouldn't the Mustang based Couple cost around the same price (if not more) then the MKZ/C?

IMO my dream is either a Ford or even Lincoln sedan based on the Mustang with a decent interior space...

• Like 1

C-segment Lincoln is coming... there is no doubt about that. But it's a few more years away. Lincoln will need to address the price gap between MKZ and Continental now...

C segment = STARstang (née LincStang)

tho

don't think there's a Z/Conti pricing problem

2017my will already have more than a $10k overlap

(tho *do* agree there's room for something in between - maybe come cD6)

Lincoln recently said that it does not plan to go below MKZ/MKC in price. I Think to me that implies either no C-segment car, or Mustang-based performance C-segment car (based on Mustang)

Why wouldn't the Mustang based Couple cost around the same price (if not more) then the MKZ/C?

IMO my dream is either a Ford or even Lincoln sedan based on the Mustang with a decent interior space...

I don't see any disagreement

STARstang, even the PLUG-IN or BEV variants, oughta be about equal to (starting just slightly higher than) the 2017 Continental

Ok this makes more sense... 3.7 V6 instead of 2.3 EB as base engine.

Base engine (probably less than 5% retail mix) - 3.7 V6 ~$45k starting MSRP

Main engine (probably 60~70% of retail mix) - 2.7 EB ~$50k FWD / ~$55k AWD

Top engine (probably 25~35% of retail mix) - 3.0 EB ~ $60k AWD

Black label will probably be restricted to 3.0 EB ~$65k starting MSRP

imho 3.7 and 3.0T are all the engines Conti needs in the U.S

...made a new price chart "elsewhere"

same 3.0T-Fwd as MKZ starts ~$53k;

400+hp 3.0T-Awd with torque-vectoring Std starts ~$56k;

[bL] gets all 4 drivetrains = ~$60 / 62 / 64 / 67k

imho 3.7 and 3.0T are all the engines Conti needs in the U.S

...made a new price chart "elsewhere"

same 3.0T-Fwd as MKZ starts ~$53k;

400+hp 3.0T-Awd with torque-vectoring Std starts ~$56k;

[bL] gets all 4 drivetrains = ~$60 / 62 / 64 / 67k

Except Ford already confirmed the powertrain choices. There won't be 3.0T FWD.

3.7 V6 FWD

3.7 V6 AWD

2.7 EB FWD

2.7 EB AWD

3.0 EB AWD

MKS starts at $40k now but I expect Conti to move up the price entry point so $45k sounds about right.

I also think the 3.7 V6 will be kept to a minimum for retail inventory mix. 2.7 EB will be the main retail version.

Where was that confirmed? I seriously doubt it will be available with FWD. The 2.7T is AWD only in the Edge and the Fusion Sport and the 3.0T is AWD only in the Conti.

They said it when they showed off the car that the MKZ would be available with the 3.0T in FWD and AWD. But FWD models will be reduced to 350-hp/torque. The AWD models will have 400-hp/torque.

• Like 1

Went to the auto show today. People seemed to like this car a lot. My friend who likes car but is not as into them as I thinks the Licoln looks a lot better than the CT6. Also I am not a big fan of the white. The greyish colored one looks even better to me. This car definitely looks better in darker colors.