Chevy Bolt - game-changer for the masses?

Anthony

http://mashable.com/2016/01/06/2017-chevrolet-bolt/#YO.KoO7eb5qY

GM's first (well, if you don't count the EV-1) electric car designed to be an electric car. Watching the video (and reading the article) I was impressed with the amount of room passengers have. Neat gadgets too. Batteries are mounted under the passenger compartment so no weird bumps or protrusions inside.

Thoughts?

(PS: Topic name is not my thoughts, but from the name of the article)

Edited by Intrepidatious

Isn't this just a leaf with more batteries? It would only be a game changer if you wanted an electric vehicle and needed to drive more than 100 miles but less than 200 miles before recharging.

The only game changer in this category would be a 400 mile range, $20K price and/or super fast full recharging in less than 30 minutes.

The only game changer in this category would be a 400 mile range, $20K price and/or super fast full recharging in less than 30 minutes.

Why don't you ask for a built-in live tax consultant and hot stone massage while you are at it? ha!

• Like 1

The big deal here is how quickly GM has moved on the Bolt. We barely even knew it existed a year ago, and now it's less than a year before production starts. Curious to see what Ford will unveil at NAIAS. I suspect the 2017 Focus update means that we won't see anything about a 200 mile EV for some time, so anything at Detroit will likely be a PHEV, which is also exciting.

Hmm, I'm curious about this because it seems like most Volt buyers mostly use the electric side of their vehicle...

Sooo, maybe for another $4k on the asking price / lease, we'll see a lot of those buyers simply switch cars?

Not trying to be negative here but GM does seem to have set up some internal competition here in the name

of letting buyers choose what they want..... and then there's hybrid Malibu but no PHEV to match Fusion energi.

Edited by jpd80