Sync 3 gains Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

One big issue I have with this is that neither CarPlay or Android Auto support third party nav apps like waze.

CarPlay is stuck with the craptasic Apple maps and Android uses Its mapping system which is slightly better. No Google Maps or Waze, which are my choices.

Maybe it will change by the time I get my next car.

One big issue I have with this is that neither CarPlay or Android Auto support third party nav apps like waze.

CarPlay is stuck with the craptasic Apple maps and Android uses Its mapping system which is slightly better. No Google Maps or Waze, which are my choices.

Maybe it will change by the time I get my next car.

Wouldn't Android Auto be using Google Maps...since you know, it's Google? Unless you just meant CarPlay won't let you use Google Maps.

Edited by jinx8402

Wouldn't Android Auto be using Google Maps...since you know, it's Google? Unless you just meant CarPlay won't let you use Google Maps.

CarPlay won't let you (as of now) and I just double checked Android Auto and yes it does use google maps (which Waze does also, but has crowd sourced traffic information)..but I don't think I could go back to an android phone. Guess I could try a Samsung product next.

CarPlay won't let you (as of now) and I just double checked Android Auto and yes it does use google maps (which Waze does also, but has crowd sourced traffic information)..but I don't think I could go back to an android phone. Guess I could try a Samsung product next.

Just so we're clear a Samsung product is Android

but I don't think I could go back to an android phone. Guess I could try a Samsung product next.

Just so we're clear a Samsung product is Android

Maybe he was thinking Motorola Droid.......

Also Android

Reread the conversation.........

Yes Samsung is an Android device, but I've heard tumors over the past year or so they might go with their own OS so they don't have to pay royalties to Google for Android devices.

I'm not due for a new car for a few years yet, so I'll see how the App connect works with Sync 3 then.