Livonia Trans

thezip

transferred from MAP, I Like Livonia, there have been opportunities to get into better jobs, and many of us took advantage of that. I believe there will be many more opportunities over the next couple years as they grow and expand the workforce, with the new Transmission lines being built.

hey if those that people don't want to be here, they can go right to head back home. I've never seen such a bunch of whiny, arrogant, self-serving, non union, non Ford driving little bitches in my life. Coming here...trying to take jobs that don't belong to them. You get whatever open that's how it works.

Trying to change our union, trying to change how we do our president and chairman, asking for work and departments that don't even exist anymore. ACTING like because they have his seniority that they should just get handed everything.sorry that's not how it works here.

Sorry our plant got 1.8 billion dollars in investments and your plan is being sent to Mexico I guess we know who's doing good and who's doing bad and for those map people that say they woulda never came over had they knew..well..you can go back ....we don't want you here

The parking lot is filled with Chryslers and Gm.....i dont care if you have family working for them...you work here...drive a dang Ford

Edited by pillsbarry
  • Like 1

The Decision to spend money for Livonia, and Map were not made because one was doing well or not. It was made due to PROFITABILITY and CAPACITY. Livonia had ALOT of unused capacity for the past several years, and could have easily been closed had Ford wanted to. Map has a vehicle that makes little in profit, so Ford wants to send it to Mexico and pay slave wages. Gotta wonder how that will play out in a couple of years when gas prices jump, and trucks and SUVs aren't selling again. That will hurt EVERYONE

As for changing things....Hell, LIFE is about change. Just because a proposal is put forth, doesn't mean much. It still has to be voted on, and win or lose, its the democratic process, and the correct process for changing things at the local level. Just because you have not done it, or seen it done, doesn't mean its a bad idea. Hell, who really knows, it MIGHT make a lot of sense in the long run. I have not had the opportunity to look at it all that closely. Plus, I don't see how if effects me doing my job in any way.

What I really don't get, is all the WHINEY assed Livonia people crying because those that came from MAP followed the rules and got job bids, and now Livonia people are crying foul because they might have to go to a different shift. THAT my friend, is what Seniority is all about. As long as the rules set forth in the local agreement were followed, You don't have the right to bitch at all. After all...YOU voted in that agreement before any of us came to the plant. As such, you and I both, have to live within those rules. I have absolutely no problem with that, even if some of those rules seem stupid to me.

Bottom line, we are all ONE FORD. and like it or not, we all have to live within the rules set forth. You don't have to like it, nor do I, BUT we do have to abide by them.

And for what it might be worth...I DO NOT, and NEVER did want to go back. I like it here, even with the Whiney assed Livonia Prima

donnas I have to work with

Edited by trailfndr

Livonia had a lot of capacity because of previous union regimes and division leadership. Ask yourself why was the plant empty and on the verge of closing when POWERTRAIN DIVISION AND THE NEW PRODUCT CENTER are on the grounds?

Leadership funneled every new program that would fit to other plants and the union resisted new ideas like AWS. As soon as the heads of both retired, the work came flooding in.

MAP people from day one had the plan to oust the current union leadership. Word on the floor is some jerkoff with 44 years is going to run for chairman.

Livonia membership was told by plant and union leadership that in two years we would have any job or shift we want. Just wait it out. Instead we get high seniorty people, AGAIN, from another plant come in and immediately take all the good jobs that we have been waiting on. Doesnt matter how good you do your job, some guy with no experience and 5 minutes plant seniority can come in, bump you off your shift and ruin your life. So dont act surprised that no one likes you people and wish you never came here.

Dont act like you know anything about whats been going on at Livonia. Youre not Livonia and you will never be Livonia. Everyone knows who you guys are. We know the Saline people, the Sheldon Rd people and the Wixom people.

Edited by 182

Yes...that is what seniority was about....except when our guys got laid off and went to FRAP...they went to bottom of the list...so much for seniority.

When Wixom closed...they laid off 150-200 of our guys...sent them then right to frap and dearborn...then..they brought the same amount of wixom to our plant.......so why not keep our people here..and send them to the open jobs...not take ours...

There was some weird shuffleing of people....and we always seem to get the short stick...and.then. bring in everyone else and give them everything....sorry...maybe thays the way it works...but it left a bitter taste around here.

Your right..we dont know what splitting the chairman-pred will do....its only been like that for over 50 yrs..and im sure some guy with '71 seniority..who hasnt even given Livonia a chance to see how things work..wants to change it...then.run for office....

sorry...a little suspicious to me that this guys first order.of business is to try and get a job that does nothing ...just to get out of work. And that is the same attitude their people have too.

its not whiny....these guys came.over here..expecting to take all of the gravy jobs...hint...there are.none..and got pissed off when they realized it was not as they thought.

if your seniority people were so great and righteous....they should have stayed at MAP and let the lowere seniority come here so they werent laid off..

I left map for Livonia for one reason only....To get closer to home and shorten my drive. Might not seem like a lot of distance, but over time it adds up. Yeah, I am high seniority, I don't deny it, nor will I apologize for it. The moves made went by the Ford UAW contract. AS IT SHOULD. We may or may not like or agree with the contract, however, it was voted in, and we all must abide by it. Don't have hard feelings,, don't get mad because people took advantage of opportunities offered. You know yourself that you would have done the same damned thing. Don't come on here preaching how high people should have stayed and let lower people come to Livonia to protect YOUR status. If you were under the same circumstances, you would have done the same thing.

I get really tired of hearing low seniority bitch and moan about high seniority, when I know for a fact that in a few years, those same low people would do the exact same thing and not think twice about it. You are not better than we are, nor are we better than you, We are ALL UAW FORD. and we all carry our time based on when we got hired. We all live by a contract, that many of us don't always agree with, but we still have to abide by. In other words...DEAL WITH IT!

• Like 1

I left map for Livonia for one reason only....To get closer to home and shorten my drive. Might not seem like a lot of distance, but over time it adds up. Yeah, I am high seniority, I don't deny it, nor will I apologize for it. The moves made went by the Ford UAW contract. AS IT SHOULD. We may or may not like or agree with the contract, however, it was voted in, and we all must abide by it. Don't have hard feelings,, don't get mad because people took advantage of opportunities offered. You know yourself that you would have done the same damned thing. Don't come on here preaching how high people should have stayed and let lower people come to Livonia to protect YOUR status. If you were under the same circumstances, you would have done the same thing.

I get really tired of hearing low seniority bitch and moan about high seniority, when I know for a fact that in a few years, those same low people would do the exact same thing and not think twice about it. You are not better than we are, nor are we better than you, We are ALL UAW FORD. and we all carry our time based on when we got hired. We all live by a contract, that many of us don't always agree with, but we still have to abide by. In other words...DEAL WITH IT!

If I had 25-30 years why in the hell would I leave my plant voluntarily? Especially for one that is 10 minutes away? Most guys with 25-30 years have day shift and decent jobs, unless you are at Livonia. 20 years gets you midnights or afternoons on the line.

Guys with 15-20 years had no status and that was BEFORE you people came over. Some guys that hired in 2000 have never been on day shift and now never will. This was their only hope that they would get new hires or low people under them. Imagine facing working 30 years and never getting the shift you want. Because thats what you MAP people did to Livonia.

I'm at map body,the 170 that left for Livonia opened up days up for me,after being on off shift for 3 years,with all the transfers that came here,glad you got them now.

Must be nice. those 170 punted people to afternoons at Livonia and stopped many from going to days. Some that have worked afternoons for 15 years.

Some people will bitch no matter what. Simple reality...DON'T blame the members that came to Livonia...Blame the Thousands that did not, that voted yes to contracts that gave us the language that was used to make it happen. A Contract is there to insure that certain rules are followed by both the company, and membership. Don't bitch when that same contract bites you in the ass, as long as it was followed. You don't have the right to bitch..PERIOD. As long as the language in place at the time is followed, NO ONE has the right to bitch, so shut up and DEAL WITH IT! Fucking crybabies