NO VOTERS

Weecountry

Better luck next time no voters. Let the crying begin.

Don't celebrate. This process we've been through is nothing to celebrate. The union needs to be more accessible daily at the plants. If they were this would've went a hell of a lot smoother. Like it should've been.

• Like 6

Tier2, spot on. Meetings need to be attended these days or daily rumors become our only source of info. Especially at MAP. Local 900 needs a facelift. Junior and Johnson need to start leading by example. Committee people always take the last day and then the first after any extended weekend or vacation time. At Wayne Assembly Plant we never had fill in committee reps. The last 5 year at MAP has been hell, poorly arranged and ran by rookie supervisors. Basically MAP has been their version of Spring Training.

• Like 2

Don't celebrate. This process we've been through is nothing to celebrate. The union needs to be more accessible daily at the plants. If they were this would've went a hell of a lot smoother. Like it should've been.

I'm cool with seeing my committee man once a week so he can ask "you good?" and he runs off to talk to a fat chick before I can even answer.

• Like 3

You fear committeeman once a week you got great representation you're so unhappy opt out of the union little send a clear message to everybody

Opting out only weakens the union.Any IDIOT who thinks they would be better off without the union needs to quit and go work for a non union shop.If we had to fight so hard to get what we got in this contract can you imagine what we would have gotten without someone bargaining for us?

I'm sorry pioneer, in my state it would be just the political portion but, in a right to work state members could stay in full good standings for benefits by just paying the representational portion of their dues.

The agency fees that the union would charge would guarantee any negotiated benefits would be paid to the back objectors.

One benefit that the beck objectors will not receive from the union is the privilege to run for office as representation.

Edited by Decker

Beck objectors will get the same bone us checks.....

Having Trades members asking questions about their Beck rights.....

Why bother? You lose the right to vote on anything. Better to suggest atrades decert or attempt to bring in another trades only union. If you really want better reps and not just trying to fuck with the IUAW.

Why bother? You lose the right to vote on anything. Better to suggest atrades decert or attempt to bring in another trades only union. If you really want better reps and not just trying to fuck with the IUAW.

Reading the history of the UAW I wonder if non trades should find another organization, since the UAW was founded by trades, to help the rest of the workforce.

Reading the history of the UAW I wonder if non trades should find another organization, since the UAW was founded by trades, to help the rest of the workforce.

Even before the the "Silled Trades" designation was adopted the "Trade Guilds" were the strongest voices for the working people. The Iron Workers are one of few organizations today that still up hold and practice the guild ideology. I remember back 30 or 35 years ago (when I was 6) just one group of workering people (Iron Workers) said no and the work on the worlds tallest building, at the time, came to a compete stop. I mean even the garbage on the site wasn`t picked up.

Today the union has shown they are ok with dissolving classifications and building bridges over the lines of demarcation. All pretty much for the all mighty dues. Wonder if a few Iron Workers were to take a few IUAW members out back of solid house and do some instructing in the finer points of the guild ideology? Help the UAW? maybe?

• Like 2

Even before the the "Silled Trades" designation was adopted the "Trade Guilds" were the strongest voices for the working people. The Iron Workers are one of few organizations today that still up hold and practice the guild ideology. I remember back 30 or 35 years ago (when I was 6) just one group of workering people (Iron Workers) said no and the work on the worlds tallest building, at the time, came to a compete stop. I mean even the garbage on the site wasn`t picked up.

Today the union has shown they are ok with dissolving classifications and building bridges over the lines of demarcation. All pretty much for the all mighty dues. Wonder if a few Iron Workers were to take a few IUAW members out back of solid house and do some instructing in the finer points of the guild ideology? Help the UAW? maybe?

you know decker, i know we have had disagreements in teh past...but im so ticked, i think i will vote no on all future contracts, ever

yeah ive got about 24 years in, but still this is total crap! and how trades are forced to eat it...might be a no vote for life!

• Like 2

you know decker, i know we have had disagreements in teh past...but im so ticked, i think i will vote no on all future contracts, ever

yeah ive got about 24 years in, but still this is total crap! and how trades are forced to eat it...might be a no vote for life!

Disagreements between brothers happen all the time, no big deal. Now snuggle up to that little blonde hanging off the back of my bike... and I`ll just tell you... thanks for making sure she`s secure back there, brother.

I agree dark, completely. The IUAW has lost the ideology that was the reasoning for its very exitence. When I hear the, sister and brother talk coming out of the union rep`s mouths I can`t help but think and at times stating "what a bunch of bullshit". How could I stand in front of a person, call them brother or sister and then tell them "its a good contract because Ford is bringing the Fusion back to the states"... knowing full well that there is more to that sentence, "oh, Flat Rock will be getting Hermosillo`s fuckin left overs"... with a fuckin straight face....?

Then roll down the road 4 years and what the fuck happens? "sisters and brothers your losing C crew, two products are heading to Mexico but"...right before a contract then... "we are not sure just when and we are not sure of what products but".... "sisters and brothers Ford is giving you new products...?" so pleaseeeee vote the way we want you too.

Then my sisters and brothers in the trades don`t even get me started, I`m trying to restain.... How many contracts will the "sister and brother shit roll out their mounts" about "ford promises to open up, start up or add to the appreniceships"??? before the production members realized the path that opened up furthering education and!!!! allows for the transition from those ass kicking fucking jobs production members do? The door to become Skill Trades has been fucking closed for how dam long??? "sister and brother... bullshit" (ok I`m not good with restraining)

Now not to mention the other slaming closed of the opportunities for production members to move say.... clean up or house painting??? What did we hear "sisters and brothers" "we (the union?) will be adding even more jobs to your plants" Standing there straight faced and didn`t finish that fucking sentence either... "oh by the way sister and brothers these jobs will be at and even lower level of pay than the tier 2 level". No they stood there face to face with their "sisters and brothers" and never said " oh, by the way these third tier members of the UAW will be what we will use to slam that fucking door of opprotunity for all you sisters abd brothers to move to off line operations"..... the IUAW has put us against us for a long time know.... "SISTER & BROTHER THIS M......FER"

WoW!!! Sorry brother dark the old long hair got a little carried away :hat_tip:

• Like 2

Why does skilled trades have to be lumped into the contract with Production workers? Why can't Trades have their own contract?

The last few posts here on the third page, Ironworkers do not fuck around.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59178-contract-2015/page-3?

Why does skilled trades have to be lumped into the contract with Production workers? Why can't Trades have their own contract?

It pretty much is . but since the uaw likes to pass it with no questions ask. They have to do this most of the time cause they sneak shit in there like elimination or consolidation of trades....
  • Like 1