2017 Fusion refresh photos

I think this MCE should have the improved EB15 and EB20 and the technology apps availible. Probably some colour changes (ref the new blue shown). My feeling it'll be a strong entry until it's eventual replacement. I wonder if there'll be performance improvements to the Energi and Hybrid too?

I don't think there will be any upgraded 1.5. The Ford press release for the 17 Escape doesn't indicate that the newly available 1.5 is anything other than the same power plant in the 16 Fusion. The "Dragon" engines supposedly coming soon will probably replace the 1.5 in the next generation Fusions and Escapes. I'm wondering if the 9 speed auto will be available in the 17 Fusion. Maybe the rotary shifter shown in spy photos of the Fusion interior is a clue that it will be.

I don't think there will be any upgraded 1.5. The Ford press release for the 17 Escape doesn't indicate that the newly available 1.5 is anything other than the same power plant in the 16 Fusion. The "Dragon" engines supposedly coming soon will probably replace the 1.5 in the next generation Fusions and Escapes. I'm wondering if the 9 speed auto will be available in the 17 Fusion. Maybe the rotary shifter shown in spy photos of the Fusion interior is a clue that it will be.

If I had to guess... Fusion 2.5, 1.5T and 2.0T will stick with 6F35. Fusion ST with 2.7T (seems like a sure bet now) will use the new 9 speed auto. I based my guess on the fact that MKZ just came out with 400hp/400 lb-ft... seems obvious that it will have new transmission as the torque rating is beyond 6F35.

BTW, MKZ debut in LA so Fusion will debut in Detroit?

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

Going on why is said on wiki about the 6F55, I don't see it having an issue with 400ftlbs.

Tuned SHOs put down 334ft lb of torque on a dyno and I haven't heard of any transmission failures..with that said mine will take a crap since I said that lol

There was a reason they torque limited the SHOs from the factory though. Remains to be seen whether those tuned ones make it to 150K with no problems.

• Like 1

Silvrsvt, where are you seeing only 334? There are tuned SHOs dynoing at least 100 lbs ft. more than that. As Akirby says, time will tell how many make it to 150,000 miles. There are plenty that have made 100s of runs at the drag strip with no issues, though. I applaud Ford for erring on the side of caution when it comes to rating their transmissions but they seem to be pretty conservative.

Silvrsvt, where are you seeing only 334? There are tuned SHOs dynoing at least 100 lbs ft. more than that. As Akirby says, time will tell how many make it to 150,000 miles. There are plenty that have made 100s of runs at the drag strip with no issues, though. I applaud Ford for erring on the side of caution when it comes to rating their transmissions but they seem to be pretty conservative.

I think he meant on the chassis dyno at the rear wheels.

I think all 2017s get sync3 for sure.

Updated 1.5 and 2.0 are givens along with some kind of ST or Sport model with either a 2.3L EB or 2.7L EB.

Probably a 360 degree camera from the Edge.

If the Fusion gets the 2.7L EB what happens to the EB Mustang, do we see more bang like the 3.5L EB everyone's been clamoring for?

If the Fusion gets the 2.7L EB what happens to the EB Mustang, do we see more bang like the 3.5L EB everyone's been clamoring for?

It won't do anything to the 2.3L since that's the entry level. I think we'll see an ecoboost V6 mustang at some point - probably a 2.7L in between the ecoboost and the GT.

You don't need a 3.5L with the 5.0L and 5.2L V8s.

• Like 1

It won't do anything to the 2.3L since that's the entry level. I think we'll see an ecoboost V6 mustang at some point - probably a 2.7L in between the ecoboost and the GT.

When you have a 3.0L...

• Like 1

I've heard whispers that use of the current 3.2L V6 will be discontinued in the Mustang in a few years. Edited by fuzzymoomoo