Ford and UAW reach tentative agreement

Pinto'77

I'm voting NO not because of economic gains but because I want my dignity back. I lose my dignity when:

They advance part of my profit sharing and call it a bonus.

They don't reinstate COLA, instead they offer an inflation bonus. With COLA we always deferred the first raise to the retirees so that they could get a raise. This raise was at our expense. So INFLATION BONUS = SCREWING RETIREES. Plus COLA is calculated into everything that affects our pay, sub, unemployment, vacation......

I have to agree to anything from a company that promised that concessions were only going to be "SUSPENDED" until the market rebound. Well the market has rebounded and they are making record profits so I lose my dignify when I have to deal with a BIG FAT LIAR. In life, I avoid these types of people. For some reason I utterly detest a liar and to me FMC is one of the worst.

• Like 1

I'm voting NO not because of economic gains but because I want my dignity back. I lose my dignity when:

They don't reinstate COLA, instead they offer an inflation bonus. With COLA we always deferred the first raise to the retirees so that they could get a raise. This raise was at our expense. So INFLATION BONUS = SCREWING RETIREES. Plus COLA is calculated into everything that affects our pay, sub, unemployment, vacation......

I have to agree to anything from a company that promised that concessions were only going to be "SUSPENDED" until the market rebound. Well the market has rebounded and they are making record profits so I lose my dignify when I have to deal with a BIG FAT LIAR. In life, I avoid these types of people. For some reason I utterly detest a liar and to me FMC is one of the worst.

What are you not getting back? You are getting raise. I'm confused? Cola and the inflation bonus are about a $1500 difference max. Edited by Tier2

Not doubting what you are saying , but we havent seen anything in writing yet, where are we getting the they have the authority to re-open the healthcare after 2 years? Is that in the Chrysler & GM & I missed it?

No doubting, taken 2seater. I have read so many articles on the subject of tentative agreements, in the last few days I can`t remember which article, news release or post I read that information in. I`m still looking for the information and will post it as soon as I do. If you don't see it posted in a few more hours please chalk it up to a few to many birthdays....

I will agree that I should have stated that info more like this, "if that language is in the contract we will be giving the company the key to the cookie storage cabinet with any reason the company wants to open it and take whatever they claim is needed".

Chassisgroupleader.....Meek in your quote means "poor". By voting "yes" will make you "poor" ......the day that the powers that be "re-open" back up this contract while you were sleeping. ....and really put it to you, by lets say........"reverting" on every freaking thing that they originally said they would agree too? Your setting yourself up to really be in poverty, so that meesly "carrot" that they are sticking out to you is gonna be "put to you" (I'm keeping it clean as I can) down the road. My .02. I'm voting no.

Edited by chassisgroupleader

This has to be the stupidest post Ive read yet. Lose my dignity....

If FMC is such a stain on your dignity then quit. Diginity means losing your self respect and worth. If that is such an issue then GTFO. It aint like we all cant be replaced. None of us are important to FMC.

We deserve nothing. Period. If we all quit it would take a week to train new people to take our jobs. Get a clue. We are not wanted by Ford and the sooner you realize that the sooner you realize just how good you have it. Im sure there are companies lined up to hire people that are late, have restrictions, and are generally lazy. And add to it you require 30 bucks an hour, the best medical coverage, a 10,000 signing bonus, performance bonus even though you suck, and a share of the profits. Go ahead, vote it down. Im sure Ford wouldnt have a second thought on sending everything to Mexico.

• Like 3

What are you not getting back? You are getting raise. I'm confused? Cola and the inflation bonus are about a $1500 difference max.

When are you going to quit running your trap? Your the laughingstock of this forum!! Now make sure you empty out the tray of your moms dehumidifier while your sitting in the basement.
  • Like 1

When are you going to quit running your trap? Your the laughingstock of this forum!! Now make sure you empty out the tray of your moms dehumidifier while your sitting in the basement.

By the way, why do you continue to lie?? Last time we had cola it made us an extra 5,000.00 a year. Now we get 1750.00 in bonuses to make up for it.....would you please go jump out in front of a truck already.
  • Like 1

By the way, why do you continue to lie?? Last time we had cola it made us an extra 5,000.00 a year. Now we get 1750.00 in bonuses to make up for it.....would you please go jump out in front of a truck already.

Wah wah wah.....I make roughly $32/hr, get signing bonuses, profit sharing, pay $0 for insurance.....but damn it I want my measly COLA back. You sound like a whiney bitch!

Anybody here anything about people being able to transfer back to Michigan from Chicago, or other plants for that matter?

MAP and other Michigan facilities are in an "exiting plant" status. CAP and other facilities are in an "excepting plant " status. It was just a few weeks ago that the posting went up at MAP for 250 transfer opportunities, specific to CAP. (transfering "to" CAP)

That means that CAP is below it`s manpower level, so there will be no "exiting" at CAP until there becomes a reason to lower CAP`s manpower numbers. This also means that even if there are Michigan facilities that are "excepting" manpower, CAP would have to be over there manpower number needed to allow for any transfers from CAP.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Times are very different you can not expect to have the things we use to have, stop living in the past and wake up ,

That profit they make helps keep you employed! That profit is helping them give a huge signing bonus, raises, and eliminating 2nd Tier!

Call the company greedy but a company is in business to make a profit, employees that want every dime of that profit given to them that is GREED!!!!