Ford and UAW reach tentative agreement

Pinto'77

Downtime1,YOU are a moron.

Why because I said vote no on the first contract proposal that is going to be presented to us?? The first proposal is always going to be the bare minimum offer, look at the first proposal that was presented to the members of FCA... They voted it down and look at how much better of an offer FCA came back with. Your a moron to think the first offer the company brings to the table for a vote is the best offer that they have.

• Like 1

Agree... Also don't like how after 2 years they can open up negotiations on our healthcare without us being able to vote on it...

The last opening of the contract was opened without a vote of the highest authority..... This contract language just pulls that illegal opening of that last contract into the "the membership agreed on it" state of legalese.

Once again it even insults the level of intelligence of the sheep.... Here is a $10K signing bonus but its got $1500 of your money wrapped up in it.

Give them the legal right to open up the contract and they give us our money? After taxes 10K turns into $6400 because Ford will tax everyone at the highest legal level. So our $1500 is just gone and sits in Fords tax account to collect interest for 180 days. Such a deal....?

The last opening of the contract was opened without a vote of the highest authority..... This contract language just pulls that illegal opening of that last contract into the "the membership agreed on it" state of legalese.

Once again it even insults the level of intelligence of the sheep.... Here is a $10K signing bonus but its got $1500 of your money wrapped up in it.

Give them the legal right to open up the contract and they give us our money? After taxes 10K turns into $6400 because Ford will tax everyone at the highest legal level. So our $1500 is just gone and sits in Fords tax account to collect interest for 180 days. Such a deal....?

They can keep the $1500 loan on my profit sharing check. This contract is an insult to every dues paying member. If we don't get "ours" now while profits are at record highs we will NEVER get it. So much for the IUAW's speech of items "Our Time"..

But if you listen to "Long Forker DTP Final" we should all vote yes on this proposal.

Edited by Downtime1

I'm voting Yes! Blessed are the Meek for they will inherit the Earth!

Need a few bucks till you cash the bone us check? Checking account balance will make you smile for a few days after you slide that bone us check in ever so slowly.....

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I'm not going to offer my opinion on if you should vote yes or no, the company and the uaw have shown us that they will open and modify the contract anytime they please. So they could promise you the moon and just change it later. I could care less about the bonus, don't screw with my health care, and keep me a job until I'm eligible for retirement!!!