More TLO's coming up at MAP

Downtime1

i would find it extremely maddening if they do this on assignment stuff and those of us WHO WEREN'T LAZY and chose to keep working get screwed out of any signing bonus or offered a drastically smaller one. Ive been trying to stay positive but this secret stuff and overall lack of respect for the membership is growing thin. I have a wife and kids to worry about too..

i would find it extremely maddening if they do this on assignment stuff and those of us WHO WEREN'T LAZY and chose to keep working get screwed out of any signing bonus or offered a drastically smaller one. Ive been trying to stay positive but this secret stuff and overall lack of respect for the membership is growing thin. I have a wife and kids to worry about too..

Requirements to receive a Ford contractual benefits:

Receiving wages and/or benefits from Ford at an IUAW represented facility.

Signing an authorization for Ford to deduct the sum of the required amount to be paid to the IUAW.

Having the eligibility to cast a vote of ratification on the tentative agreement.

Questions to ask:

Do I receive a Ford check?

Dose Ford deduct dues?

Even if I have been laid off, then excepted and have been transferred, am I a member of a local?

If the requirements are fulfilled and the answers to the questions asked are yes, then you will receive a signing bonus and all other incentives and/or benefit listed in the tentative agreement a pond ratification.

If you are a LTS at present but held entry level status at one time prior to transferring and becoming a LTS, your status will be considered based on your time as an entry level member. I`m not completely aware of the specific facts in this certain situation with these transfer's but in most all situations seniority as an entry level will carry through as a full time employee. Being a full time employee makes you a member of the IUAW and are protected by the contract and receive equal opportunity to any and all benefits from paying the dues required to be a member of the union.

If you receive representation, if you were told to report to a different local, if you signed withdrawal paperwork at the prior local, if you pay dues you will have the right to cast a vote for or against the tentative agreement at your current local.

If you are eligible to cast a vote on the tentative agreement you are eligible for any negotiated protection and/or benefits in the ratified contract.

In the GM tentative agreement highlights it states "Temporary Employee`s" will receive $2000 if they have at least 90 days prior to effective date. Now this is something to think about, are you a temporary employee? With at least 90 days of seniority? Or are you an entry level employee on temporary assignment as a LTS? In the GM tentative agreement is this "Temporary Employment" referring to your situation as a member excepting a transfer to continue working at a different facility as a LTS?

Then there is the clearest question, is this even going to be in the Ford tentative agreement? Hang in there sisters and brothers, if this isn`t in the Ford tentative then the concern is once again not warranted. Lets not forget about the unwarranted concern over not getting veterans day as a paid holiday because the "dates" ain`t the same as the contract states...... :confused:

One thing for sure all this rambling is a good sign that there is very little trust of not only the company but the IUAW..... If you find out this is in the Ford tentative agreement let EVERY FRICKEN BODY know it is as soon as you know because.... this would be an issue that should sent our business agents back to the table.

Edited by Decker

Thank you for that decker. Information like that is impossible to come by via our UAW "representation".

Honestly I'm starting to expect to be screwed with the new contract. Everything that has happened to us this far since we were laid off at shutdown isn't in the contract. I fully expect that to continue. Don't forget, we are tier 2 workers and we don't matter.

Perhaps a bit off the subject, but I wonder why the Focus has become such a dog in the marketplace the past 6 months. I realize that gas prices are lower, but the Cruze, Civic, and Corolla do not seem to be having their sales fall to a point where layoffs and shift eliminations are needed.

Short answer: the transmission used since the 2012 model year is absolutely awful and the marketplace is catching up to it. Ford as done very little to fix it

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Thank you for that decker. Information like that is impossible to come by via our UAW "representation".

Honestly I'm starting to expect to be screwed with the new contract. Everything that has happened to us this far since we were laid off at shutdown isn't in the contract. I fully expect that to continue. Don't forget, we are tier 2 workers and we don't matter.

I agree with your expectations and will add in general we all will see some form of discomfort after the ratification takes place.

• Like 1

Short answer: the transmission used since the 2012 model year is absolutely awful and the marketplace is catching up to it. Ford as done very little to fix it

My 2014 Focus bought new in Jan. 2015 - BCM changed, still issues - TCM changed, twice, still issues - Clutch Assembly and Seals changed, still issues - waiting 14 to 16 weeks for the next level clutch assembly. Re programming on three occasions.....

One point of clarity, in no way should anyone point the finger of blame at anyone assembling these units. We put in what we are instructed too, even when we have objections to building units with known issues and bring these issues to the attention of the management team.

This is the way all models will be headed as long as the numbers are the only concern of the management team. Having anywhere between 6K to 8K non ship able units on sight at any given time will prove out once again Ford is using the same methods as during the period prior to the last customer rejection of the level of quality being sold at the prices being charged. Remember "Q1"?... well, we are way past job 1 so don`t push that stop botton.

For the record, 1999 ZX2 (5 speed trans) 256K miles change the battery, filters and fluids, tires, (son still driving the dam thing) 2003 Focas (5 speed trans) 192K miles change battery,filters,fluids,tires (daughter still driving the dam thing) 2009 Focus (5 speed trans) 167K change all of the fore mentioned (girl friend still driving the dam thing) 2014 Focus (6 speed auto trans) 12K and trying to drive the dam thing.

BCM - body control module

TCM - trans control module

Edited by Decker

Perhaps a bit off the subject, but I wonder why the Focus has become such a dog in the marketplace the past 6 months.

The launch of the "DCT" transmission in the Focus was really ,REALLY bad.

I purchased a brand new Focus for my daughter when she went away for college with the thinking " I should not have to worry about car issues for several years". What actually happened was multiple transmission issues and several trips back to the dealer multiple times getting a new car "fixed".

Ford did extend the warranty to 100,000 miles but the transmission does not give me a warm fuzzy feel for longevity with major problems out of the gate.

The irony is I am driving a 2002 Focus with +213,000 miles on it and it's been in the repair garage WAY less the the new one I purchased thinking it would be trouble free.

My 2014 Focus bought new in Jan. 2015 - BCM changed, still issues - TCM changed, twice, still issues - Cluch Assmebly and Seals changed, still issues - waiting 14 to 16 weeks for the next level clutch assemby. Re programing on three occations.....

One point of clarity, in no way should anyone point the finger of blame at anyone assembling these units. We put in what we are instructed too, even when we have abjections to building units with known issues and bring these issues to the attention of the management team.

This is the why all models will be headed as long as the numbers are the only concern of the management team. Having anywhere between 6K to 8K non ship able units on sight at any given time will prove out once again Ford is using the same methods as during the period prior to the last customer rejection of the level of quaiy being sold at the prices being charged. Remember "Q1"?... well, we are way past job 1 so don`t push that stop botton.

For the record, 1999 ZX2 (5 speed trans) 256K miles change the battery, filters and fluids, tires, (son still driving the dam thing) 2003 Focas (5 speed trans) 192K miles change battery,filters,fluids,tires (daughter still driving the dam thing) 2009 Focas (5 speed trans) 167K change all of the fore mentioned (girl friend still driving the dam thing) 2014 Focas (6 speed auto trans) 12K and trying to drive the dam thing.

BCM - body control module

TCM - trans control module

That's exactly why when we bought one to replace my wife's car, we got one with a manual. Whoever engineered the DCT they use should really be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

I actually love some of the dealer's response and Ford's talking points to owners ( myself included ) that have had issues with the transmission and try to explain some of it away. "Some vibration and hard shifting is normal" , "low speed clunking and being grabby is normal", "it will take a while after the PCM flash and adaptive driving cycle to smooth out". Instead of just acknowledging the problem and fixing it the word games is adding insult to injury for buying the vehicle.

It's insulting and even worse when you are a Ford employee and know the issues are real issues.

My simple reply was " It did not act or sound this way when the vehicle was new so why now after you "fixed" it" ?

DCT transmissions were not new but new to Ford and I really wonder how these non-isolated issues were missed or how the hell they actually test units.

Some of the designers / engineers should have their pencils broken and report to a service area with their PPE.

What's even more infuriating is if you are someone like myself (or some other people on this board) and actually know a thing or 2 about cars, it's totally insulting to get the lip service from Ford.

I can see why people stopped buying Focuses. I would be surprised if half of those people ever came back to Ford vehicles after this.

Yes they are eligible and will receive a signing bonus. Those from MAP who refused to go to other plants and instead took a layoff are NOT eligible for the signing bonus. In order to receive the signing bonus you MUST be on the ACTIVE roster 90 days prior to the contract being signed, the same applies goes to those off on medical leave.

I can't remember exactly where I read it in the contract, but it was my understanding that TLOs are eligible for any signing bonus if you are on the active roster WITHIN 90 days of ratification, as in 90 days prior OR 90 days after. No?