Changing of Veterans Day holiday

littlecountry

How many plants are getting Wednesday the 11th off as the Veterans Day holiday instead of Friday!

I heard the decision to observe it on the actual day was because the veterans complained about it.

Just strange that after all these years people are complaining now!

Really????? Do you really believe a small group of people would complain about something and Ford would bow down to their wishes? You are talking about Ford Motor Company......not the federal government.

Of course you can ask 20 different people and get 20 different answers at CAP about the holiday. All new Labor Relations and new H.R. management members and the "who`s" still at CAP changes...makes it hard to get any answers without the deer in the head lights look. :runaway:

But it is now being said because of attendance and the Super Duper Saturday and Sunday`s syndrome, the holiday will be 13 Nov. With the possibility of the "survey magic" to run one shift of production on 13 Nov....

Decker

One can only hope that it would change to reflect the holiday that it is meant to honor. When Veterans day was won as a Holiday, it was honored ON Veterans day. It was changed to aide the hunters several years later. I should have never been changed. If they do nothing else, then change the name...It should NOT be called veterans Day, unless it is celebrated ON their day, If they want to aide hunting, call it Hunters BLOW OFF day.

• Like 3

Veterans fought and died to give people in this country the right to say almost anything they want to say. We may not agree, but if we censor the stupidity in this country, there wouldn't be too many people left that can speak at all. Hell, we could silence 95% of all politicians

• Like 3

Veterans fought and died to give people in this country the right to say almost anything they want to say. We may not agree, but if we censor the stupidity in this country, there wouldn't be too many people left that can speak at all. Hell, we could silence 95% of all politicians

You actually defended him

How many plants are getting Wednesday the 11th off as the Veterans Day holiday instead of Friday!

I heard the decision to observe it on the actual day was because the veterans complained about it.

Just strange that after all these years people are complaining now!

I'm a Veteran, I'm proud of my service and the people that I served with. But I personally don't care what day is chosen for me to be paid to stay home. I just appreciate the day, some don't get to anymore.

• Like 1

All Ford plants have decided to take it on the 16th, manpower issues out weighs a veteran I guess

You hit that nail on the head, littlecountry. At least here at CAP manpower is the major issue, every super Sun. it is a regular process not to start up for and hour or so after they do all the calling to get the manpower in the plant..... So Monday works out good for CAP. Remember, Jimmy said we have to help out.

Maybe not, for C crew because its "mandatory". No language about mandatory holiday work? or "mandatory" Sat.`s or Sun.`s is there?

Ahhhh AWS...

Decker