FRAP workers told to walk off line at 10 hours

deflep1

We run a 5 day 8 hour schedule, but have been forced to work up to 11.5 hours in Trim and Final for months. Our chairman, Larry Stewart just helped get a tentative local contract,then told Ford they were abusing contractual language by running us more than 10 hours. We are in change over/new model change, App H section 9. The company claims section 10, which is new car program or new shifts.We are not in critical status and right hand drives don't qualify as new products. Larry called bs on this and the IUAW backed him. We were told this morning to walk off at 10 hours if they called longer than that. They just announced 10 hours, so hopefully they are done abusing us. The company also claims we are in a launch status, but different versions of existing products is not NEW. The Continental will be new.

We run a 5 day 8 hour schedule, but have been forced to work up to 11.5 hours in Trim and Final for months. Our chairman, Larry Stewart just helped get a tentative local contract,then told Ford they were abusing contractual language by running us more than 10 hours. We are in change over/new model change, App H section 9. The company claims section 10, which is new car program or new shifts.We are not in critical status and right hand drives don't qualify as new products. Larry called bs on this and the IUAW backed him. We were told this morning to walk off at 10 hours if they called longer than that. They just announced 10 hours, so hopefully they are done abusing us. The company also claims we are in a launch status, but different versions of existing products is not NEW. The Continental will be new.

Hahahaha.

I'd love some OT coming in that steady, quit your bitching.

Not bitching about it, the company violates too many contractual rules. They finally got called on it. We are supposed to have one hour between shifts, we don't. That is a safety hazard and parking nightmare. They call early overtime breaks, which isn't allowed... You have to be in overtime to have an overtime break! They also give us overtime breaks at the end of shifts, which isn't allowed.

Not bitching about it, the company violates too many contractual rules. They finally got called on it. We are supposed to have one hour between shifts, we don't. That is a safety hazard and parking nightmare. They call early overtime breaks, which isn't allowed... You have to be in overtime to have an overtime break! They also give us overtime breaks at the end of shifts, which isn't allowed.

How long has all of that been going on and why hasn't the union put a stop to it when it first started happening??

There's no such thing as a half model year.

When I was told this he said he was theoretically speaking. The guy was basically making the point that any slight change could result in a launch.

Still want to know if this launch thing is true though regardless of what the change might be. Like the F150 Limited, would that warrant a launch period?

They can work you 11.5 hours and it's not a rule that you have an hour between shifts.

Just be glad your making some money , not to long ago FRAP had tons of downtime and layoffs!

It's amazing how people are

They can move the mustang to a plant where people don't mind working

They can move the mustang to a plant where people don't mind working

Remember some people have duel incomes (husband & wife) and small children. They may not need all that income.

Working 11 & 12 hrs a day may be good for the pocketbook but its not so good for the family.

The OT in the 90's resulted in many divorces and screwed up kids.

Edited by Dayshift

They can work you 11.5 hours and it's not a rule that you have an hour between shifts.

Just be glad your making some money , not to long ago FRAP had tons of downtime and layoffs!

. It always has been a rule in our local contract for one hour between shifts. They started having only 30 minutes, then hit 11.5, which we would be done at 6pm, the same time b shift starts. 10 hours of ot per week is fine for most people, but there can be such a thing as too much.

. It always has been a rule in our local contract for one hour between shifts. They started having only 30 minutes, then hit 11.5, which we would be done at 6pm, the same time b shift starts. 10 hours of ot per week is fine for most people, but there can be such a thing as too much.

Trust me I've done the 11.5 hours a day and they are no fun and I could care less about the OT.

The sad part is that the union even allowed a work schedule of 11.5 hours to be agreed upon.

10 hours a day of assembly work is enough!

I'm sure there is a side letter in your local contract that states the company does not have to have an hour between shifts if they don't want to!

The union needs to realize that a 11.5 hour schedule is not good!

Not everyone is a pay check to pay check whore that will do anything for an extra hour of OT. Some of us have lives, wifes, and kids.

You are over generalizing! Not everyone is blessed like you are! With a wife that probably makes more money than you! With Parents that are well off! With children that have full paid scholarships! Most people that want to work overtime , is out of need. Not because they want to live pay check to pay check.

Not everyone is a pay check to pay check whore that will do anything for an extra hour of OT. Some of us have lives, wifes, and kids.

I don't live check to check you assumption making douche bag.

I do however love adding money to my savings account so when I retire I am not crying my pension sucks, the market killed my 401k, or whatever.

Why would you not want to fatten your savings?

It's funny how some of you cock suckers always assume it's someone that's paycheck to paycheck that wants OT.

40 hours, base your life on 40 hours and youll never need to work OT.

Again I don't need to work OT, I want to work it so I can retire before I'm 57. If I make an extra 4500 that's all savable and never touched it makes being done working before half of you cunts that live in the plant until you're dead easier.

So keep your insults to yourself asshole.

Edited by caustic

You are over generalizing! Not everyone is blessed like you are! With a wife that probably makes more money than you! With Parents that are well off! With children that have full paid scholarships! Most people that want to work overtime , is out of need. Not because they want to live pay check to pay check.

Your funny, people at Ford tend to over spend cause they have this illusion that because they work for Ford they are rich, therefore they end up living pay check to pay check, so they need and want that overtime!

I base my living off 40 hours anything over that is a bonus and goes into savings!

Gotta be responsible and not try to impress everyone

I don't live check to check you assumption making douche bag.

I do however love adding money to my savings account so when I retire I am not crying my pension sucks, the market killed my 401k, or whatever.

Why would you not want to fatten your savings?

It's funny how some of you cock suckers always assume it's someone that's paycheck to paycheck that wants OT.

Are you guaranteed to live to 57? Keep working all day and night for somethingyou might not live to see. Cocksucker. When your dying youll be so glad you wasted your life working all that OT.