Why does IUAW want to handle our healthcare......

uawfactoryrat

Reason

1. They get a crap load of money

2. If we get universal healthcare why would they need to pay for our healthcare? They keep the money?

3. They can borrow from the fund just like they borrow from our strike fund to blow on failed organizing.

4. more money secures their lavish lifestyles.

Don't bundle a raise and better profit sharing with you controlling my healthcare. I don't want the sheep and cronies you bring downtown near my healthcare.

If its such a great deal for me have it be in a separate vote!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

The article that I read stated that it would be run by an outsideboard. It will consist of union and salary workers. I don't see the salary letting the union run there healthcare.

It's stock market based, what happens when the stock market goes down and that fund starts to lose money, then what?? I'll tell you what will happen, the IUAW will tell us the members that they need to start deducting some money out of our checks to make up for that and there will be no voting on this.

It's stock market based, what happens when the stock market goes down and that fund starts to lose money, then what?? I'll tell you what will happen, the IUAW will tell us the members that they need to start deducting some money out of our checks to make up for that and there will be no voting on this.

Stop assuming this is going to be VEBA for active workers.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they can decide later on that "well we need more money so pay up" without it being in the contractual language. I didn't find that anywhere in the full contract language for the TA with FCA.

The proposed co-op is not a veba. It apparently includes all employees hourly and salary, the large number is where the savings really are............. I believe the IUAW is proactively positioning us to save on the rising cost of healthcare, same benefits we currently have, keep our good wages including raises and generate more product investments is our US plants.

This is our only path to continued job security in America

• Like 1

It doesn't include salaried employees! They want to run health care so you won't opt out of the union if you are in a right to work state. Plus they will have another big pot of money to control and get kick backs from. It's simple the company wants rid of legacy cost and the union Wants members to pay dues. Make health insurance a union benefit instead of a company benefit. Pay attention.

• Like 2

The proposed co-op is not a veba. It apparently includes all employees hourly and salary, the large number is where the savings really are............. I believe the IUAW is proactively positioning us to save on the rising cost of healthcare, same benefits we currently have, keep our good wages including raises and generate more product investments is our US plants.

This is our only path to continued job security in America

the only thing they are positioning for is union dues after right to work. Not some noble cause to help the working man
  • Like 1

We need the white books to see the full language.

And I'm not sold on a VEBA type thing. I don't see a one time payment keeping up with the inflation health care historically has had. I think the companies will still be contributing over time.

http://uaw.org/officials-contract-summaries-for-uaw-fca-us-llc-agreement-released/

You can look over their language here.

Stop assuming this is going to be VEBA for active workers.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they can decide later on that "well we need more money so pay up" without it being in the contractual language. I didn't find that anywhere in the full contract language for the TA with FCA.

They have already said its going to be like VEBA. If the fund needs more money down the road than where else do you think their going to get the money from without us "paying up"? Our strike fund was under funded and did they allow us to vote on a dues increase to fund that??? No they just said "pay up" and decided on that for us and increased our dues without a vote. Edited by Downtime1

They have already said its going to be like VEBA. If the fund needs more money down the road than where else do you think their going to get the money from without us "paying up"? Our strike fund was under funded and did they allow us to vote on a dues increase to fund that??? No they just said "pay up" and decided on that for us and increased our dues without a vote.

Ever heard the saying "write your congressman"?

Maybe you should print all your posts here on the forums and mail them down town?

You may think whatever you want but until you read specifics you're just talking from your ass.

They said the veba coukd be used as a model, not a line by line copy.

The veba is what it is, they(UAW) has to do what they can for retireees, the companies are done dealing with them.

The company gives them their pension and they won't give then shit else. The VEBA is to give retired people something.

The companies only want to deal with active employees, active employees are making them money, retirees are not.

We won't be left with something like a VEBA which is an after thought. Our health insurance will continue to be no cost with good coverage. Stop repeating the bullshit you hear on the floor from meatheads that talk loudly and carry a small stick.

"You may think whatever you want but until you read specifics you're just talking from your ass" Caustic, what are the specifics? i see 3 vague paragraphs on the co-op, please fill us all in with the facts. "Our health insurance will continue to be no cost with good coverage" everything has a cost! i can see that you are going to have find things out the hard way, The company and the union are in bed together and are out for themselves, You really need to stop thinking they care about you! they don't!

just printed the white book, this is the worst contract ive ever seen. EVER

guess what happens if ur tier2 and u get laid off in year 7 or your 8 years pay up ? laid off for even one day, u revert to year 1 after u come back, REALLY ?

i mean i just read the language.

fucking international.

not that i give a fuck, but that is wrong.

• Like 1

guess what happens if ur tier2 and u get laid off in year 7 or your 8 years pay up ? laid off for even one day, u revert to year 1 after u come back, REALLY ?

fucking international.

Post a link to where we can see the white book

"You may think whatever you want but until you read specifics you're just talking from your ass" Caustic, what are the specifics? i see 3 vague paragraphs on the co-op, please fill us all in with the facts. "Our health insurance will continue to be no cost with good coverage" everything has a cost! i can see that you are going to have find things out the hard way, The company and the union are in bed together and are out for themselves, You really need to stop thinking they care about you! they don't!

Exactly...

fucking international.

If that bullshit comes over here I might as well find a new job, because FUCK THAT BULLSHIT.

fucking international.

On what page of the white book did you see this?

fucking international.

Can you post a pic of that please? I can't load the damn thing over the shit er sprint network.

• Like 1

fucking international.

Page 12 under section (f) it says you have to be laid off for longer than time accumulated. So for your example to be true someone would have to be laid off for more than 7 years.

If you're referring to page 104 of the contract I think you are wrong. Says if you're laid off because off reduction of work force and you lose your seniority while on layoff (which could be many different reasons) and then you are rehired within a year you will continue your wage progression where you left off. Unless you were at max then you get rehired at max...IDK thats what I get from it.

• Like 1