Ford and IUAW want all health care in VEBA

Slipperyelectron

Ford has shown over the last 5 years that they know how to run a business. IUAW hasn't.

Ford doesn't control our health care, BCBS does. Or HAP for some of the tier 2s that chose to go that route.

You realize it was the union that fought and got us healthcare in the first place correct.Ford willingly has given us NOTHING.We have had to fight for everything we have.Ford has shown they know how to run a business? Really?? By running the company into the ground and then using that excuse to steal things that took us years to get in one contract? By taking the best selling sedan in America the Taurus changing the name, making it visually dismal and overpricing it till sales collapsed and then hiring a sociopath like Alan Mually to threaten the union to give all we did or Ford would declare bankruptcy like GM and Chrysler? Did away with the Ford Ranger,shut down U.S production only to talk about bringing it back again?Continued to build gas guzzlers when the the Japanese makers were building more fuel efficient cars?Refuse to reinforce the Explorer roofs that would have cost a few dollars and avoid paying millions in lawsuits and untold suffering for people injured in rollovers?I have personally seen them scrap completely good wheels because of a small scratch. Throw away huge amounts of copper wire,robot parts,Etc,Etc.So the "they know how to run a business" is a lie at best.

Can you people not read?

I'll repeat the key point you clearly missed nice and bold for you

OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS

And once again in case you are blind or flat can't read

OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS

I understand everything we have now wasn't willingly given, and I'm not talking about decisions like the cancellation of the Ranger or the Taurus/Five Hundred/Taurus debacle that were made years before they actually happened. Yes they still make mistakes, but I would still MUCH rather be here than GM who has learned NOTHING from bankruptcy or FCA which is and always will be a debacle.

• Like 1

You realize it was the union that fought and got us healthcare in the first place correct.Ford willingly has given us NOTHING.We have had to fight for everything we have.Ford has shown they know how to run a business? Really?? By running the company into the ground and then using that excuse to steal things that took us years to get in one contract? By taking the best selling sedan in America the Taurus changing the name, making it visually dismal and overpricing it till sales collapsed and then hiring a sociopath like Alan Mually to threaten the union to give all we did or Ford would declare bankruptcy like GM and Chrysler? Did away with the Ford Ranger,shut down U.S production only to talk about bringing it back again?Continued to build gas guzzlers when the the Japanese makers were building more fuel efficient cars?Refuse to reinforce the Explorer roofs that would have cost a few dollars and avoid paying millions in lawsuits and untold suffering for people injured in rollovers?I have personally seen them scrap completely good wheels because of a small scratch. Throw away huge amounts of copper wire,robot parts,Etc,Etc.So the "they know how to run a business" is a lie at best.

So (they) stole things they took from us? How do you figure, the union agreed to those concessions

So (they) stole things they took from us? How do you figure, the union agreed to those concessions

Bingo.

Its also pretty humorous when someone suggest Ford does not know how to "run a business".

They have been in business over 112 years with +187,000 employees spanning several countries.

Can you people not read?

I'll repeat the key point you clearly missed nice and bold for you

OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS

And once again in case you are blind or flat can't read

OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS

I understand everything we have now wasn't willingly given, and I'm not talking about decisions like the cancellation of the Ranger or the Taurus/Five Hundred/Taurus debacle that were made years before they actually happened. Yes they still make mistakes, but I would still MUCH rather be here than GM who has learned NOTHING from bankruptcy or FCA which is and always will be a debacle.

Just like the VEBA fund has been running fine for years ?If that is your reasoning what's the problem then with the union running our healthcare?So the union has been doing a pretty good job of taking care of the membership for decades and you give Ford a pat on the back for the last 5 years? What is with you guys on here? Have you selectively forgotten who we are dealing with? Ford has and never will voluntarily give its workers nothing.So now Ford is our friend who loves and cares for our well being? Just how long have you been working at Ford? You either have not been there long or you are just anti union in general.

Edited by cecilmeyer

Bingo.

Its also pretty humorous when someone suggest Ford does not know how to "run a business".

They have been in business over 112 years with +187,000 employees spanning several countries.

Bingo the Union has been doing a pretty good job of taking care of the membership the vast majority of its inception so why are you such a union basher?

Bingo.

I call it steal when Ford LIED saying it would return those concessions when they returned to profitability.Yes that is called stealing.I will ask you the same question.Why are you such a union basher? Ford will NEVER give you anything unless they are forced too.This is a hourly forum you sure you did not misread the title?Maybe you should find the "Salary or I want to be salary" forum.The Union has its problems but what in the world are you thinking if you think we would be better off without them.Why don't you bash Ford like you do the union? Corporate America is your enemy not unions.I would say your statements are humorous but they are not.UNIONS built the middle class in America not corporate generosity, you seem to have missed that part of American history.

Edited by cecilmeyer

Bingo.

The big China investment they recently made seems to be paying off.

.Why don't you bash Ford like you do the union?

Bash ?

Apparently you can not handle open discussion and its obvious you love the UAW and everything about it.

For some of use not so much.

(Ford pays me and I PAY the UAW, just a tad bit of difference there)

Just like the VEBA fund has been running fine for years ?If that is your reasoning what's the problem then with the union running our healthcare?So the union has been doing a pretty good job of taking care of the membership for decades and you give Ford a pat on the back for the last 5 years? What is with you guys on here? Have you selectively forgotten who we are dealing with? Ford has and never will voluntarily give its workers nothing.So now Ford is our friend who loves and cares for our well being? Just how long have you been working at Ford? You either have not been there long or you are just anti union in general.

What happens when the stock market falls? All of a sudden that VEBA you love so much is underfunded and you can bet your ass the UAW will come calling for higher dues to help make up the difference, and just like you say Ford "lied" in saying all of those concessions will come back (which by the way you haven't seen what's being offered in the new contract so how he hell do you know) you know good and damn well that once those dues are raised (again!!!) they're never going back down.

Don't accuse me of being a union bashed because I'm skeptical and refuse to take things on the surface, ESPECIALLY when you seem to have blind support for everything they do.

There's a word for that. I believe it's called being a sheep.

• Like 1

When you base anything off of the stock market your taking a risk, what happens when the stock market crashes in a down economy, then what? The IUAW will force us to pay more, you say no they would have to have us vote on it. Oh really just like they asked us to vote on a dues increase. Then there goes the raise they got us..

Canada has advantages that the USA does not that makes socialized medicine a good alternative for them, like being a sovereign nation with borders,smaller population,zilch for a military budget.USA has the third largest population of any nation on the planet and an unprotected southern border with a great big 'come one come all' sign on it!Any nation only has so many resources who can possibly logistically and financially support the entire billions of people on the planet and why does the USA taxpayer have to anyways?I mean where is my God given right to self-preservation!You know that healthcare will remain the best on the planet for the wealthy and the celebrities I cant see Tom Brady sitting in a waiting room, to be put on a waiting list for an MRI after hurting his shoulder working on his hobby at his mansion!!!

Edited by Fatso

Yeah all the IUAW president and vice presidents can get another $60000 to sit on this board. Really why don't we trust these people. Because they always find a way to get more money than anyone else because they have absolute power and there are zero checks and balances. They know it too. Good thing we only hear from them once every 4 years for contract and when they want to raise dues. Regular working people like us are dirt on their feet. We are just a number to the UAW too.