Home defense

akirby

I have a Mossberg and have had no issues with it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I don't shoot it a lot, but when I do, it functions perfectly. When buying a shotgun for home defense, the most important thing is that it functions as it should when you need it. Mine is a 12 gauge, though. Personally, I would go with a 12 gauge for the extra firepower. Plus, if you take it out to shoot skeet, the bruises a 12 gauge leaves are much more manly than those of a 20 gauge! :)

• Like 1

That's some serious weaponry there!

Yes, I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul that comes to my house looking for trouble. lol The heat shroud works great. I can put 20 or 30 rounds through it in a matter of a minute or two and just grab the gun by the barrel with no worry of burns.

• Like 1

Yes, I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul that comes to my house looking for trouble. lol The heat shroud works great. I can put 20 or 30 rounds through it in a matter of a minute or two and just grab the gun by the barrel with no worry of burns.

But the bruise on the shoulder will last for days! :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a Remington 870 with a 20" barrel and it's a good size and length for in the house in tight situations. I also have a Glock Model 27 40 cal for the night stand and what I carried when I had a permit.

I also have a Glock 27 that I use for concealed carry. I do wish it was a little more concealable though. Nevertheless a great gun.

And you can never go wrong with an 870.

• 2 weeks later...

My recommendation would be the 870. It may be a little more expensive than the Mossberg but you get what you pay for. I bought a new 500 once that I tried to use for hunting and was not impressed. However, I suppose the rattling slide bars could be an intimidating sound to a ne'er-do-well.

• 3 weeks later...

.38 sp in bed side, 12 gauge pump with pistol grip near enough. Kimber .45 if they are really dumb a Red Jacket custom AK.

The .38 is small and fitted with crimson trace laser grips for my wife, hollow points so they don't go through to the neighbors.

Defender 1200 is buckshot and slugs.

Hope things never get bad enough to need the kimber or the AK but all it would take is a few days of food shortages......

• 4 months later...

Moss 930. I know there are those that will say the racking of a pump will be all that is needed to scare away would be bad guy, but seeing as wife is involved, and god forbid it is ever needed rational thought goes out the window for most so why add an action of having to remember to pump it??

Mossberg Maverick 88 with an ATI folding stock. Nebo iProTec LG220 LED barrel light for nighttime use. Yes, the slides rattle a bit but if I'm having to walk thru my house looking for a bad guy, that is the least of my worries. CA Undercover .38 Special w/ Ruger ARX HD ammo is my bedside table weapon. Charles Evans 12g O/U full/modified for clays.