The new Bronco/Ranger/MAP thread

Ok. Back on topic. What do you all think the odds are of the new Bronco being available with a manual transmission?

Probably better odds than just about anything else Ford sells. The only positive pointing towards yes is that ford has been putting manuals in models where having a manual increases the desirability of the product (ST, RS, GT). I'd imagine a off-roading, wrangler-type vehicle would be much better off in status with a manual available for hard-core users.

Probably better odds than just about anything else Ford sells. The only positive pointing towards yes is that ford has been putting manuals in models where having a manual increases the desirability of the product (ST, RS, GT). I'd imagine a off-roading, wrangler-type vehicle would be much better off in status with a manual available for hard-core users.

this is an area overlooked by Ford in the past few years.

Sure, a lot of Exploer buyers never go off road and yeah, I get that it's now a soft roader that now sells in good numbers with Strong ATPs

All good.

What I'm curious about is the ruggedness of the Global Ranger and Everest and whether that can be transplanted into a market

that's now got every kind of soft-road Utility..... maybe a few SUVs and light trucks and add some spice back into the mix

without dragghing down sales of Ford's other volume selling products.

Wht not play both sides of the market and grow sales at the same time....

Edited by jpd80

So for those who pay attention to these things..,.. lets say ford does have 2 new vehicles planned for 2018.

What is Fords typical timeline for announcing new product?

When might we expect an official announcement, should these rumors pan out?

Based on what they did for Edge, MKC, MKX, and are in the midst of doing with Continental, my guess is some sort of Concept version next year (New York auto show maybe?????) then the production version 6-8 months after that, then production starting 6-8 months later.

That's probably for the Bronco. I'm guessing the Ranger will be pretty straight forward since it's likely going to be the T6. Even if it's a new platform, my gut is telling me they won't go through all of that since it would be an upgraded version of T6, meaning skip the concept part.

Last edit:

Since I know someone might take that as legit info

THE PREVIOUS STATEMENTS ARE PURE CONJECTURE ON MY PART AND BASED SOLELY ON WHAT MY GUT IS TELLING ME. ANY THOUGHT OTHERWISE IS MISTAKEN AND THEREFORE I CANNOT HELP YOU WITH THAT

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Trying valiantly to get this back on topic...just saw this

Jeep Wrangler to stay in Toledo, Cherokee leaving, Wrangler-based pickup coming

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150901/OEM01/150909993/jeep-wrangler-to-stay-in-toledo-cherokee-leaving-wrangler-based

FCA’s plan would ensure that Wrangler production would continue while the plant is retooled for the redesigned 2018 Wrangler. The off-roader is one of the automaker’s most popular and profitable vehicles. Production of the redesigned Wrangler and pickup is planned to reach 350,000 per year, according to suppliers briefed on the plan.

I think their 350K number is pie in the sky for just the Wrangler and Pickup Wrangler alone....

Trying valiantly to get this back on topic...just saw this

Jeep Wrangler to stay in Toledo, Cherokee leaving, Wrangler-based pickup coming

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150901/OEM01/150909993/jeep-wrangler-to-stay-in-toledo-cherokee-leaving-wrangler-based

I think their 350K number is pie in the sky for just the Wrangler and Pickup Wrangler alone....

Does that include global volume though? (I assume they sell them elsewhere).

But it's also fitting with Marchionne's stratospheric/unrealistic sales targets for the rest of the company....