UAW managed health care

MTP'er

At Sterling beck rights guys also didnt get the turkey that was handed out by the union but paid for by ford even tho the memo said everyone gets 1 mps/supers/foremans/area managers everyone got 1 except the beck objectors it was r locals way of saying pay all ur dues or else

Turkeys? What turkeys? lol

• Like 1

At Sterling beck rights guys also didnt get the turkey that was handed out by the union but paid for by ford even tho the memo said everyone gets 1 mps/supers/foremans/area managers everyone got 1 except the beck objectors it was r locals way of saying pay all ur dues or else

If Ford paid for the handout (turkey) and the union retained it its petty.

Get a frozen turkey and delivery it to your local lodge from an aircraft @ 30,000 feet.......

• Like 1

We all know that every time they have a joint company and union where something is given to employee's and any union functions that all the union so called leadership go in and suck up all the leftovers. We had one where everyone was supposed to get a gift certificate for Chiefs supermarket for meat or a turkey well low and behold they supposedly ran out of gift certificates and went to get more now they know how many people work in the plant so pretty sure they didn't really run out in the middle of dayshift. But guess probably a third of us didn't get our turkey / meat. I am sure that all the union leadership ate great all year. Same thing goes with any other union function order double then they divey the rest up between themselves. I am sure that it makes up for all the sacrifices they made representing us for their terms.

• Like 2

anymore the union and company is both screwing ya, however its still better then signing off all union rights and trying to be republican freeloader.

its too bad we cant find a better union to join ! and be democratic about the entire process.(no appt's)

but alas no one gives a fuck!

Yes Union is better than signing off with rtw most definitely but being a beck objector just means ur paying for collective bargaining & that's it no Vegas trips no black lake no political bs no trying to organize southern boys that want nothing to do with us just bargain a good contract for us & hell that's all we outta b paying for anyhow

• Like 2

Axle said no to this.

The BCBS plan offered to us Tier 2 workers is not the insurance legacy workers get but it is actually a good insurance plan. Took my 3 year old to the ER visit cost me only 22 bucks.

My other son needed an ultrasound and a visit to s neurologist, 18 bucks out of pocket.

ER visit for me, 17 bucks.

It isn't bad insurance. Cost for me and my two sons on myfordbenefits is 10,200 per year.

Might want to look into the plan before you shoot it down.

Also we are given a health card with $300 for singles or $600 for a family, while I listed those out of pocket costs above, I really didn't pay for them out of pocket because of that card.

Tier 1 has to pay $100 ER visit, so Tier 2 you got better insurance than we do!

Why doesn't Tier 1 get a card to help with co pays,

Tier 2 doing all this crying and you get stuff Tier 1 doesn't get!

Tier 1 has to pay $100 ER visit, so Tier 2 you got better insurance than we do!

Why doesn't Tier 1 get a card to help with co pays,

Tier 2 doing all this crying and you get stuff Tier 1 doesn't get!

It is better in some regards but falls way short of what you have in others. My copays may differ but if you and I spent 3 days in the hospital for the same exact condition, I'd be paying about 20% more out of pocket until my out if pocket max was hit.

You do get that 600 dollar card, twice a month haha.

Gary Williams must be out of his mind!! This is a concession!! we have given enough!! anyone who thinks this is a good idea is nuts!! anyone who wants the UAW handling your health insurance is nuts!! anyone who would vote for a contract with this concession in it is nuts!!

• Like 1

The Cadillac Tax has that name for a reason. The deal was cut with the UAW for Obama to get the UAW and it's membership to support Obama over Hillary Clinton in the primaries before the presidential election. With Michigan the auto hub of the United States auto industry going Right to Work they cut a deal to keep the membership paying dues in Union shops till the end of this contract basically delaying the right to work laws till after these negotiations. They realized that they had to have something to make the membership want to pay union dues. Now the UAW was exempted from the Cadillac tax till 2018 at which time Obama will be out of office and would give the UAW time to negotiate themselves into the health care insurance and pension business and using the auto maker's desire to rid themselves of Legacy Cost to not only be your sole Bargaining Agent but also the entity that you will buy your health insurance from and administration of your pension. Once they control these two items you will have to be a member to get these benefits through the union. Like Teamsters, IBEW, pipe fitters union, laborers union. Then Beck law will not apply to these items because are now union benefits and not company provided benefits. This is where they will subsidize the health insurance premiums to make it cheaper for you to buy your insurance through the UAW than in the health care exchanges only if you are a member of the UAW. That's why it was named the Cadillac tax because of the deal struck between the Obama administration and the UAW to get around right to work laws. Now when they go to organize other Automakers in the south they have something to offer besides a strike fund lower cost insurance and a pension when you join their union. This is a very risky endeavor that funding wise if not done properly will end up like social security underfunded and constantly changing. Just my 2 cents. Think about it. It makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

Gary Williams must be out of his mind!! This is a concession!! we have given enough!! anyone who thinks this is a good idea is nuts!! anyone who wants the UAW handling your health insurance is nuts!! anyone who would vote for a contract with this concession in it is nuts!!

think you have too many nuts in your post, it is worriesome

obviously you like nuts

"Dennis" Williams

You got some "nuts" :)

Decker

Edited by Decker

think you have too many nuts in your post, it is worriesome

obviously you like nuts

Well if you look at my profile you will see i have 3 warning points, so i have to chose my words carefully, if i typed how i really felt about the way things have gone the last 10 years i would be banned, and yes i do like nuts cashews and almonds are a favorite.

The Cadillac Tax has that name for a reason. The deal was cut with the UAW for Obama to get the UAW and it's membership to support Obama over Hillary Clinton in the primaries before the presidential election. With Michigan the auto hub of the United States auto industry going Right to Work they cut a deal to keep the membership paying dues in Union shops till the end of this contract basically delaying the right to work laws till after these negotiations. They realized that they had to have something to make the membership want to pay union dues. Now the UAW was exempted from the Cadillac tax till 2018 at which time Obama will be out of office and would give the UAW time to negotiate themselves into the health care insurance and pension business and using the auto maker's desire to rid themselves of Legacy Cost to not only be your sole Bargaining Agent but also the entity that you will buy your health insurance from and administration of your pension. Once they control these two items you will have to be a member to get these benefits through the union. Like Teamsters, IBEW, pipe fitters union, laborers union. Then Beck law will not apply to these items because are now union benefits and not company provided benefits. This is where they will subsidize the health insurance premiums to make it cheaper for you to buy your insurance through the UAW than in the health care exchanges only if you are a member of the UAW. That's why it was named the Cadillac tax because of the deal struck between the Obama administration and the UAW to get around right to work laws. Now when they go to organize other Automakers in the south they have something to offer besides a strike fund lower cost insurance and a pension when you join their union. This is a very risky endeavor that funding wise if not done properly will end up like social security underfunded and constantly changing. Just my 2 cents. Think about it. It makes perfect sense.

wow wtf

This is far worse than we could have imagined. If you thought, "If you like your doctor you can keep him", was hard to swallow wait till this mess is delivered. Higher cost, fewer benefits ......sorry looks like a no vote from me! Unless your looking for an appointed job, wake up.

By the way did anyone notice the strike vote is now going to happen. Wow at the end of negotiations this time, coincidence I don't think so.

Edited by Zeek

All I know is at least if the the union was running our healthcare and they stole the funds someone is going to jail versus someone at the corporate level would not only not go to jail but get a raise!!I'll take my chances with the union over the company any day.Since day one at Ford the company has never stopped try to cheat me.The union from day one has almost every time defended me when I needed help.Just remember people can say what they want about the union but I know exactly where I stand with the company.Do not ever forget who they are.They would fire all of us and throw your family in the street to starve if they could get away with it.I have seen them try to cheat a worker dying of cancer his family's insurance money because he did not sign one piece of paper.The union had to fight but they did prevail and his family received their insurance money.We are nothing but chattel to Ford do not forget that.