AutoNews Ford Roadmap for the next few years

The revised pony car will feature a few front fascia and a 10-speed automatic transmission when it arrives for the 2018 model year

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-to-be-refreshed-for-2018-89430.html#ixzz3jOYOP8PC

Ten speed transmission sounds interesting.

If they are putting a new fascia on because it is so disliked, they must be putting a 10 speed tranny in because the 6 speed is so disliked.

And FYI, if that is in fact 2018CY, it'll be pretty much right on schedule w/past fascia updates.

Exactly.

I listened to “Autoline After Hours” several months back when the interviewed Dave Pericak, the chief engineer of the 2015 Mustang. When asked what his next project would be now that the ‘015 car had just been released, he replied “already working on the mid-cycle update” (or words to that effect). Their job is never done.

2018 model year is normal schedule for the mustang. The mustang refresh in 2010 lasted for three model years (2010-2012) followed by a refresh that lasted for only two model years. The Focus just received a refresh after three model years (2012-2014) on a new for N.A. platform.

Right. Which is why I said "if".

Thanks to BH and the critics, Ford is now well underway working on a planned MCE and face lift in two years time.

If only Ford had listened to him and taken his advice, none of this would have happened...

: :doh:

Edited by jpd80

Thanks to BH and the critics, Ford is now well underway working on a planned MCE and face lift in two years time.

If only Ford had listened to him and taken his advice, none of this would have happened...

: :doh:

Frankly I couldn't care less of Ford changes the car or not. I don't like the look so I'm not going to buy it and there the story ends as far as I'm concerned. But I understand you have to make some ridiculous point out of it because heck if someone wasn't trying to start an argument around here over nothing what would you be doing?

Edited by BlackHorse

Frankly I couldn't care less of Ford changes the car or not. I don't like the look so I'm not going to buy it and there the story ends as far as I'm concerned. But I understand you have to make some ridiculous point out of it because heck if someone wasn't trying to start an argument around here over nothing what would you be doing?

Hey, let's not make this thread all about you and your opinions that are really a minority view..

Edited by jpd80

Well, how about this, Ford is working on the MCE because MY2015 to MY2018 is three years which is pretty much a planned mid cycle

and not just because Ford listened to a bunch of critics on the internet who wouldn't buy a Mustang because to them it looked wrong?

It is more likely that Ford has toned down the snout as in the leaked Fusion update and that Mustang MCE will be likewise

because Ford was going in that direction, not because people refused to buy the current one..

Edited by jpd80

That much is certain. I remember the uproar over the SN95 when it came out.

What? At how horribly done the '99 restyle was done? Oh lets leave the roof line the same from the 94-98 MY, but make everything else a straight line...IMO that was one of the worse styled Mustangs ever.

We laugh at the Mustang II today but the thing sold like hotcakes when it was introduced in 1974. Ford sold about 135,000 units of the 1973 Mustang and about 386,000 units of the 1974 Mustang II model.

Anybody who was around back then remembers the oil embargo. Gas prices rose from 30 cents/gallon to over a dollar/gallon in a few short weeks. Almost overnight, V8 muscle cars fell out of favor. The Mustang II was absolutely the right car for the times.

Edited by mackinaw
  • Like 2

We laugh at the Mustang II today but the thing sold like hotcakes when it was introduced in 1974. Ford sold about 135,000 units of the 1973 Mustang and about 296,000 units of the 1974 Mustang II model.

Anybody who was around back then remembers the oil embargo. Gas prices rose from 30 cents/gallon to over a dollar/gallon in a few short weeks. Almost overnight, V8 muscle cars fell out of favor. The Mustang II was absolutely the right car for the times.

Still doesn't take away the fact it was "ugly", well hasn't held up well to the test of time :)