Wage Rumor

Tier2

Your 4th post in this thread states that you would vote yes and that it "seems fair" if you get a raise this contract and Tier 1 doesn't. Do you call that "union spirit"? Do you even understand that a LOT of people were on your side right up until you opened your selfserving, greedy mouth?

It is fair. Being greedy would be voting yes on a contract that cut your wages but increased mine.

I was told my wage, but knew Id be getting a good raise in three years.

You're really sticking to that eh? You're really naive enough to think that we are guaranteed a raise?. Once again, you sound like an entitled child throwing a fit. It's making all of us look bad.

I'll be honest, I hoping for it myself, but I'm not dumb enough to have been banking on it since I hired in. That's poor planning.

It is fair. Being greedy would be voting yes on a contract that cut your wages but increased mine.

Oh so let me get this straight: someone says you shouldn't get a raise (and that's simply because of your piss-poor attitude) and it's bad "union spirit" but when YOU say you should get a raise but not Tier 1, that's "fair"? Gotcha.

You're really sticking to that eh? You're really naive enough to think that we are guaranteed a raise?. Once again, you sound like an entitled child throwing a fit. It's making all of us look bad.

I'll be honest, I hoping for it myself, but I'm not dumb enough to have been banking on it since I hired in. That's poor planning.

I'm smart enough to realize that the company and UAW knew two tiers would never be a long term solution and was put in place to get the company through a recession.

I'm smart enough to realize that the company and UAW knew two tiers would never be a long term solution and was put in place to get the company through a recession.

Well then by your logic, Tier 1 will get everything back that they give up, you know, because our concessions were "put in place to get the company through a recession". I guess us Tier 1s can bank on getting back the Monday after Easter as a paid holiday, Cost of Living Allowances, break times, $600 Christmas bonus, etc. That's awesome.Thanks for being so smart. Good grief.

• Like 2

Well then by your logic, Tier 1 will get everything back that they give up, you know, because our concessions were "put in place to get the company through a recession". I guess us Tier 1s can bank on getting back the Monday after Easter as a paid holiday, Cost of Living Allowances, break times, $600 Christmas bonus, etc. That's awesome.Thanks for being so smart. Good grief.

Sorry....but Tier 1 isn't going to get that back until the Tier disaparity is addressed. Maybe next contract.

Sorry....but Tier 1 isn't going to get that back until the Tier 2 disaparity is addressed. Maybe next contract.

Tier 2 you need to keep in mind 76% of the people eligible to vote on this contract are tier one. We voted on 2 contracts in which we took major cuts. The first one was with the promise Ford would bring jobs back from mexico plus create new ones (20% would be tier 2). The second contract we took more cuts and got no raise again so you would get what little you got. your here because of our sacrifice.

This time around it's our turn. We will never approve a contract that does not include something for tier 1. I would like to see a 3% raise for everyone each year of the 4 years contract plus a path for tier 2 to get to full pay. Thats not likely to happen but we need to fight for each other. Without us you get nothing. I feel strongly we need to fight for you to have a path to full pay but when I read your bull I question why I care at all what happens to you.

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

Tier 2 you need to keep in mind 76% of the people eligible to vote on this contract are tier one. We voted on 2 contracts in which we took major cuts. The first one was with the promise Ford would bring jobs back from mexico plus create new ones (20% would be tier 2). The second contract we took more cuts and got no raise again so you would get what little you got. your here because of our sacrifice.

This time around it's our turn. We will never approve a contract that does not include something for tier 1. I would like to see a 3% raise for everyone each year of the 4 years contract plus a path for tier 2 to get to full pay. Thats not likely to happen but we need to fight for each other. Without us you get nothing. I feel strongly we need to fight for you to have a path to full pay but when I read your bull I question why I care at all what happens to you.

Only 30% Tier 1 have to vote yes. There is enough Tier 1 with family and friends here that are Tier 2 for that to happen.

Big Jimmy had a moment today.....

I can hear it now.... OMG OMG get the frickin letters sent out!!!! Send them overnight!!!! :runaway:

What should we say Jimmy??? Ummm Sept. 4th!!! Sept. 4!!! get that strike vote taken!!!! :arrive_alive:

DAM!!! gots to make it look good.... How could I forget the vote???? :idea:

Yep the local`s got their direction from the IUAW to take a stike vote..... really. :thumbsup:

Now we`re gunna show`em how strong we are... :nonono: dam those dissident members!!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

Big Jimmy had a moment today.....

I can hear it now.... OMG OMG get the frickin letters sent out!!!! Send them overnight!!!! :runaway:

What should we say Jimmy??? Ummm Sept. 4th!!! Sept. 4!!! get that strike vote taken!!!! :arrive_alive:

DAM!!! gots to make it look good.... How could I forget the vote???? :idea:

Yep the local`s got their direction from the IUAW to take a stike vote..... really. :thumbsup:

Now we`re gunna show`em how strong we are... :nonono: dam those dissident members!!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

kinda like a big slacker ?

obviously, your a union slug.

The biggest and the best, obviously.

Obviously, you haven't been reading. I'm as far from a union slug as possibly anyone can be.

Very early on I realized that political games and personal political gain we're the only driving force in this organization's leadership. Even after being elected an international constitutional convention delegate and a local financial secretary, I realized I would never fit in.

Union slug? Nope, not the old long hair.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1