Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

• Custom Search

fluffyneenja

Adaptive Cruise Control. yes or no?

Is the adaptive cruise control awesome or junk? I'm about to purchase a new 2016 Ford Explorer and if the ACC works well, I may think about purchasing the option. I'd love to hear from the community.

Thanks.

I've had it on two cars. My wife insisted on this option. I use it alot.I just bought a new Escape and the option is not offered. This was disappointing.

Didn't think I wanted it until I tried it. Would definitely get it again. Works great.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to err on the side of, 'better to have it and not need it than want it and not have it'.

Have it on 2015 MKC. Really like it. No problems with function. Just wish other drivers weren't idiots that move over in front of me at the last minute.

I have it on my 2014 Fusion and I use it ALL the time. I'll never buy another vehicle without it.

I am just so worried if it is safe or not

I am just so worried if it is safe or not

It's safe for good drivers.

It's a must-have feature for me, I absolutely love it. Sometimes I do take control of the throttle if I see somebody merging over since the system can be a little late to respond to get back to speed.

^^^^

Update to my post #2....

Agree. I have in all three of my cars and had it in a 2013 FFH. I will never buy another car without it. On the FFH I was not going to order it, but my wife insisted, I quickly became a convert.

Edited by hermans

I've had mine for about a week. It takes a few days to learn to trust it but once you get past that its great. My only complaint is that at least for my fusion I have to turn the cruise on first before using it each time

I have used adaptive cruise for several years. Our 2013 Edge had it. We now have a 2015. Ford’s version is by far one of the best. I won’t own another vehicle without it. Period! It relieves fatigue and is great safety feature. Pair it with lane keeping for a great combo. The new version in the 2015 is “smarter” than our 2013 version.

With the old version, if I approached a slow vehicle in the right lane (highway) and went to pass we would slow and not resume speed until I was completely in the left lane. With the new version, I approach the slow vehicle, turn on the left signal to pass and it “thinks”, oh you’re going to pass, so I’ll keep your speed up for a bit longer. It makes for very smooth highway operation. (Yes Ford, we do notice these little thing.)

One time we did have car pull in front of us on the highway. (They did not see us.) The Edge was on the breaks before I was. I’m not saying it prevented an accident but I was good to know the system did its job. It also seems to work well in rain, snow and fog. It has great “visibility”.

-Lee

PS I’ll am looking forward to my 2017 fusion ACC with stop and go.

If you do allot of Highway driving, Adaptive Cruise makes it far less fatiguing, especially in traffic.

I find this option an expensive option for my personal use. I hardly experience traffic (thank god!) so spending about $1900 on this feature just doesn't make sense.

With that in mind, I assume it's going to be a standard feature in future cars and that might help keep the car's value on resale.