Next Generation 2018 Ford C-MAX Production Headed to China

robertlane

Next Generation 2018 Ford C-MAX Production Headed to China

It seems that despite rumors, there will be a next generation Ford C-MAX :)

Ford notified the UAW today will move production of the next-generation Ford Focus and Ford C-Max from its Michigan Assembly Plant to Mexico in 2018, the union said.

The company's decision, put in writing, deals a blow to the UAW just days before contract talks are scheduled to begin.

The company insists the plant, which employs 4,000, will not close. But spokeswoman Kristina Adamski would not provide details of any new products being planned.

The decision prompted an immediate response from UAW Vice President Jimmy Settles, who issued a statement on the UAW Ford Department's Twitter account.

Read More Here:

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/07/09/ford-focus-uaw-contract-mexico/29918345/

Ford C-MAX Hybrid Forum:

http://www.FordCMAXHybridForum.com

Ford C-MAX Energi Forum:

http://www.FordCMAXEnergiForum.com

Edited by robertlane

Well, that's it, I'm out. I don't care what the nameplate says, I would never purchase a car that was built in China. My plan was in 2019/2020 to purchase a new PHEV to carry me through until the end. After owning a plug in, I'll never go back. Out of curiousity, It just so happens I was looking at the 2016 Hyundai Sonata PHEV earlier today. It will come with much more standard equipment than the current C-Max and Fusion PHEV, it has options currently not available from Ford and the estimated MSRP starting price, with more standard features is significantly lower at $29,000. As much as I hate the idea of purchasing a Korean vehicle, I may have to give it a good look.

Edited by transitman

Well, I'm sure C-Max will land in China eventually. But we won't be getting it from China anytime soon.

Ford can't build enough cars in China to satisfy demand there so they are a long ways away from exporting cars from China.

• 2 years later...

Ford recently announced they are killing off the C-Max in Mid-2018 for the North American Market. The MY 2018 C-Max will be the last. Sales have continually dropped after its initial introduction in 2013 an has been Ford`s poorest selling Retail Vehicle. Odd since Ford claims that 94% of all C-Max`s sold are still on the road. I still love my 2013 that I bought in July of 13`. No problems whatsoever and a constant average of 38 MPG in both City and Highway. Lots of room an plenty of power. Probably going to trade in for a 2018 Ford EcoSport as soon as they are available. Might as well grab as much resale value as still available around (8K) before they pull the plug on the Brand. Look what happened to Oldsmobile, Pontiac, an Saturn resale values once they were killed off.