Anyone tried to replace brake pads on 2013 Ford Fusion?

Darthsnipe

Has anyone tried to replace brake pads on a 2013 Ford Fusion? I have a 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6 SE (17-inch wheels) and need to replace the the rear brake pads. Are there any special things I need to do in preparation for this procedure? Are the rear brake calipers for this vehicle dual piston or single piston? I am just trying to prepare for this brake job as it would be my first time ever doing a DIY brake job. Any information or experience feedback is greatly appreciated.

The Park brake system must be put into service mode. Otherwise it is a normal brake job.

How would I do that?

This is my first brake job so I do need some guidance. I'm still wondering if this is a single or dual piston brake caliper (This came up when I was looking up some videos on how to do some brake jobs). Also, I know that I have to grease something but I don't know what and where to apply the grease on Ford brake jobs.

How would I do that?

This is my first brake job so I do need some guidance.

I would recommend you have a licensed mechanic perform the service and have the peace of mind of it being done correctly. Not minimizing your ability, but if you not 100% sure of what you are doing....a "simple brake job" is anything but....

This is from the Ford Service website....

See all Coupons

brake.gif
Expires 06/30/2015
MOTORCRAFT® COMPLETE BRAKE SERVICE, $179.95 or less.

• Brake pads or shoes

• Machining rotors or drums

• Labor included

Per-axle price on most vehicles. Exclusions apply. Taxes extra. See participating dealership for details.

Edited by twintornados