Happy but Sad with my 2016 Explorer Sport

HRT

Pick up my sport close to 6pm Thursday ... My first Brand truck in my life.. I live in Long Island and I traveled to New Jersey 3 times.. I had visited with 7 to 8 dealerships to get the best price and Jersey City ford was it.. 1st time I test drove and discuss price.. 2nd was the credit app.. Third time to pick it up.. What a drive home!!! I must commend ALMOST everyone at ford... The drive the feel is Great!!! My wife was So happy when she saw it ( she only seen pics and never came with me to the dealer to see it )

Well the next morning with the sun shinning and neighbors looking at the windows and walking by giving their congrats .. I decide to open up the doors and inspect my brand new 2016 sport..

Seems like coming off the factory line some one wasn't inspecting to close... The door sills were not completely on.. Seems like the glue didn't dry.. The headliner is not completely up on one side ... A rear pillar looks like it needs some clips it's not flush on.. And the bottom door trim isn't cut right .. Looks bad... Is this the factory's fault or the dealer when they prep for delivery... Here some pics ... I would hope the right person sees This.. Now I have to travel back to NJ from Long Island to have this Looked at... More tolls and gas...which I know I'm not Going to get reimburse ...I work very hard for my money... 50k for the sport... Right now it's the top of the line before the platinum comes out..I don't know who's at fault but it shouldn't be me... Thanks for reading

Thanks..

post-53513-0-89063600-1434823372_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-15299200-1434823393_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-73327000-1434823427_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-16221600-1434823473_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-13736000-1434823669_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-13736000-1434823669_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-21944600-1434823755_thumb.jpgpost-53513-0-21944600-1434823755_thumb.jpg

Edited by HRT

• 2 weeks later...

The headliner/B-pillar issues I could probably live with - although I totally "feel your pain" regarding them.

But - for "fifty large", that door sill is an abomination. I hope they can snap it back together properly, and get it to lay flush without too much remaining twist/torque remaining, so that it just doesn't keep happening.

I suspect that issues like these are still indicative of the old "don't buy the first year of a new model or a major redesign" phenomenon.

Here's hoping these problems get resolved to your satisfaction!

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

• 3 months later...

Unexcusable, yes it is a factory QA issue, but definitely should have been detected on the dealer level. I would call Ford Customer Affairs number first. In Canada, this information is pretty easy to find, not so much on the US website...you can check the back of the owner's manual also. Next as someone else mentioned, consider going to a different dealer albeit it was partly the selling dealer's fault also.

• 2 months later...