2017 Ranger?

Delford

OK, the 2015 Ranger thread is done so I thought I'd throw this out. I still have my 92 Ranger XLT V6 (3.0) 5 speed with 102000 miles on it. I'm looking to buy new since 22 years has gone by and I've got a buyer. I drove a Bronze Fire Metallic XLT FX4 2.7L at a dealer nearby and loved the color and performance and hated the size. "Trade allowance" on the Ranger was $2K :-) No deals to be made there.

The floor sales manager said Ford was bringing out a 2017 Ranger and the Continental was coming back. Since I've seen a lot of speculation in the previous thread I'm wondering if Akirby or anyone knows any details on a Ranger. I was close to buying a Colorado Z71 V6 until I drove one and the front bolster on the seat cut off circulation in my legs at the rear thigh. So I fixed the AC on my 92 and will drive it through the summer. The 2016 Tacoma and Frontier are being introduced. How long until a Transit variant Ranger will magically appear?

Is there a new willingness at Ford to look at something smaller than the gargantuan F150?

post-52925-0-35921900-1431923280_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I would want to see a new Ranger in the future also. Great truck as i have a 2008 with not issues at all. 136,000km. Just regular maintenance.

You do realize the new Ranger has nothing to do with the old one. Nothing in common but the name.

The Ranger model is now showing up on interanl Ford reports but I wouldn't expect to see it available here in the USA until at least the 2018MY due to commitments at the Michigan Assembly Plant where it is expected to be built.

2018MY would be VERY optimistic ! More likely 2018MY.

2018MY would be VERY optimistic ! More likely 2018MY.

As of right now, the last model year for the Focus/C-Max at MAP is 2017, and job 1 for those is in September. I don't know how long the plant might need to be shut down for changeover, but my guess is a short MY2017 for Focus/C-Max, and Ranger launching sometime in fall of 2017.

As of right now, the last model year for the Focus/C-Max at MAP is 2017, and job 1 for those is in September. I don't know how long the plant might need to be shut down for changeover, but my guess is a short MY2017 for Focus/C-Max, and Ranger launching sometime in fall of 2017.

I just hope it doesn't take till 2019/20 for the Bronco to show up!

• 4 months later...

i owned a 1989 Ranger XLT 2.3 Lt. 5 speed for 19 years and had 244000 miles when i donated it to the Battered Women's Shelter. It still ran and drove wonderfully but the cab was rusting out around the windshield and it leaked when it rained. Engine and transmission were never opened and the only thing put into it was tires, shocks, breaks, front end parts and two clutches.