2016 Taurus

ice-capades

It hasn't been published yet but at a meeting yesterday with our Ford Zone Manager, the Job #1 date for the 2016 Taurus is the first week of January. He wouldn't or couldn't provide any information about the possibility of 2016 Taurus production being moved to the Flat Rock Assembly Plant.

I'll provide additional information as it becomes available.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly, from the photo in the 2016MY Taurus Color-Upholstery-Wheel Guide, it looks like the 2016 Taurus isn't going to be the all-new model we've been waiting for. Just Friday morning I was talking to a customer that was dropping off his boss' new 2015 Edge for service and he was telling me that he's looking at replacing his Crown Victoria. He's looking at a Chevy Impala and was asking me about the Explorer because the Taurus interior is too cramped. Almost everyone I talk to complains about the Taurus interior... too cramped!

That's not the 2016 Taurus I was expecting... :(

I'll second that ......

Shame on you Big Blue, I'll bet Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave for allowing the new ford Taurus in China and the birthplace of the Ford, the United States of America

waits in second place. Maybe not to late to change you mind, I sure am dissapointed in Ford . I was waiting to trade in my 2011 Taurus Limited AWD, O well !!!

Now I'll thing I'll take a ride to the Chrysler showroom.......

CharlieS

I'll second that ......

Shame on you Big Blue, I'll bet Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave for allowing the new ford Taurus in China and the birthplace of the Ford, the United States of America

waits in second place. Maybe not to late to change you mind, I sure am dissapointed in Ford . I was waiting to trade in my 2011 Taurus Limited AWD, O well !!!

Now I'll thing I'll take a ride to the Chrysler showroom.......

CharlieS

Last time I checked Chrysler is now FCA.....and hasn't been an AMERICAN company for decades.

Boy the 2016 has a late start date, you'd think they start making 2016s this fall.

As for an all new Taurus...I don't even think the Chinese one will be on the market till this Fall/winter?

If we do get a new one, I'd expect to see it at LA auto show or Detroit Auto show next year with late 2016 start date.

Nice choice of rims.

I totally agree. You can order the SEL and get 20 inchers as a nice option. It really gives the car a sweet profile that was once only available on the more expensive Limited or SHO models.

Edited by bdegrand

• 1 month later...

Bought a 2015 Limited thinking this would be the last year for this body seeing that there is absolutely no advertising or marketing for the car. I listened to all the comments about the interior but I have found that for me at 6'2" 200# it fits me like a glove. It is one of the most comfortable highway rides I have had. And at 62yr I have had a few too. Not only do they not market the car but dealers stock very few units. I needed to order mine and wait 8+ weeks for delivery. That does make it a one of a kind in the parking lots many times though. Drive the car a couple of hundred miles and tell me there is not enough room then.

Edited by U251

U251... Congratulations on your new ride and thank you for being part of the Ford family! Obviously, today's Taurus isn't the volume seller it was years ago with 80% of production at Chicago Assembly Plant devoted to Explorer production in order to meet demand. At our dealership we only stock 3-4 new Taurus units with the majority being SHO's that are our most popular. The new Taurus is a low volume seller serving a niche market for particular customers like yourself, hence the limited advertising by Ford which is very conservative with its advertising in general. Enjoy your new drive!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest information on the 2016 Taurus model changeover schedule per the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) from 07/17/2015.

• 12/23/2015 - 2015MY Job Last Date

• 10/12/2015 - 2016MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 11/12/2015 - 2016MY Scheduling Begins
  • 01/04/2016 - 2016MY Job #1 Date

• 4 weeks later...

If Automotive News is to be believed, then 2017 MY will be the last for Taurus. Not just for this body style/platform. The last MY, period. Sales of the entire large sedan segment, for all the automakers, has been dropping. Ford may be bailing on it, period, and just letting Lincoln have the large sedan.

• 1 month later...

"Shame on you Big Blue, I'll bet Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave..."

Today's market is biased to trucks, so Henry 1 would be happy to see all the profits from F series and SUV's rolling in. He considered the Model T to be a utility vehicle first.

Old floaty LTD's and Marquis were the pride of Hank Deuce, but not today's average car buyer.

Got to roll with the times, to keep business afloat, not cater to "nostolgia". Cater to paying customers, who gladly pay the higher truck prices.

Edited by 630land

• 1 month later...

Why is the Driver Assist Package not availible when you order the performance package in the SHO? In fact, the DA package should be standard. If this is the last year of this model if all indicators point to, just throw it all together and call it a day.

Maybe they're trying to limit sales of the performance package....

Okay, sure. I'm coming from the assumption that the mix of sales is 15% SHO IAW the order guide (I could be wrong) and assuming this is the last year of this model. I suggest having the SHO's fully loaded with everything and if you want an all-season/winter tire package, make that an option instead.

I don't understand why you'd want to limit the performance package sales?

Could be as simple as limited supplies of wheels/tires or other parts or it could be something with CAFE or some other obscure reason.

I remember Lincoln removing the rear headrests from V8 LS sport models back in 1999 (along with other stuff) to get it into the next lower weight category.

• Like 1