My dealership messed up my car three times in a row

I don't have a car tonight. It's at the dealership because they screwed it up once again.:finger:

In a nutshell:

1) When we bought the car, the final detail people left some protective (blue) tape on the passenger side window trim. Now, of course, this is all supposed to be removed before the car is put out into the sun, so since it wasn't, it baked onto the car.

2) When we went in to the dealership to see if they had an effective way to remove the tape, they did do that right: they sprayed it hard with a power washer (?!!) and totally damaged the rubber weatherstripping trim around the bottom of the window.

3) When I took it to have that fixed today, they replaced the window trim in a decent manner, but they left a deep scratch in the car door near the fixing area (WTF?)

So

4) They'll work on the car door tomorrow morning, but that means the car is at the dealership instead of being in my driveway.

All of this would never have happened if the protective tape had been removed in the first place, like it was supposed to have been before the car was put out for presentation. :-/

I've said it before - the other two Ford dealers in town (we've bought Fords from all three) are much better than this one, by far.

I don't have a car tonight. It's at the dealership because they screwed it up once again.:finger:

In a nutshell:

1) When we bought the car, the final detail people left some protective (blue) tape on the passenger side window trim. Now, of course, this is all supposed to be removed before the car is put out into the sun, so since it wasn't, it baked onto the car.

2) When we went in to the dealership to see if they had an effective way to remove the tape, they did do that right: they sprayed it hard with a power washer (?!!) and totally damaged the rubber weatherstripping trim around the bottom of the window.

3) When I took it to have that fixed today, they replaced the window trim in a decent manner, but they left a deep scratch in the car door near the fixing area (WTF?)

So

4) They'll work on the car door tomorrow morning, but that means the car is at the dealership instead of being in my driveway.

All of this would never have happened if the protective tape had been removed in the first place, like it was supposed to have been before the car was put out for presentation. :-/

I've said it before - the other two Ford dealers in town (we've bought Fords from all three) are much better than this one, by far.

Have it fixed at the other Ford dealers!

This dealership messed it up, but, to their credit, they said they'd fix it for free. Walking up to some other dealership with this issue would be a standard repair, not one done gratis.

It's just that the fix created an entirely new issue. And, they didn't even say up front, "here's your car, we put a went-into-metal scratch on it though." However, that only suggests to me that the bodyshop didn't communicate that info to the service advisor.

My main frustration is that I consider the dealership as the professional source for car repair, but combining the service/car preparation guys and the sales staff (as I mentioned elsewhere), this dealership is pretty disappointing.

--

As an aside, they left that blue tape stuff on a 500 I saw on the lot yesterday, so if I see the guy who sold us the car, I'll show it to him. (The salesperson, who I think is a sales manager, was very professional, and deserves individual praise. If I don't see him, I might still take the time to let him know about it, because they don't need someone else to go through the same thing I'm dealing with)

As for the rest of the people there, I get the strong feeling they don't really care if the people who walk in the door want to buy a car or not - they don't acknowledge you, they don't smile, they don't do anything. We were there for 30 minutes, right in the showroom -- with salesguys in the area -- before a salesguy even talked to us. This doesn't help Ford at all(!)

Edited by Roadrunner