Focus ST Diesel Wagon

OHV 16V

truth be said , I can immediately think of two thread subjects that always seem in incur the same semi hostile responses....Wagons and small diesel drivetrains in sedans...both fueled by the "Why cant we get them here mentality...".....understand the passion, but sentiment shouldn't over-ride common sense business decisions by manufacturers. And NO ONE can overly criticize Fords decisions of late....

Topics that derail threads...

1. Diesels

2. Station wagons

3. Full sized V8 RWD cars

4. Ranger

5. Mercury

Can't we just compromise..

8270.jpg?itok=tMUx7Gds

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

Topics that derail threads...

1. Diesels

2. Station wagons

3. Full sized V8 RWD cars

4. Ranger

5. Mercury

Can't we just compromise..

8270.jpg?itok=tMUx7Gds

6. Cadillac

7. Any car platform related to a Greek letter

8. Aluminum vehicles

9. Ecoboost fuel mileage

10. Vehicle weight

11. Australian models (oh wait....)

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

OK I grant you that many people here grew up with SUV's, while I, and my wife grew up with their Dad's wagons. In my case my Dad usually bought a new wagon about every 3 years, using it for his business during the week and for the family on the weekend. I was born in 1955, and Dad had a '56 Ford Sedan Delivery, a '59 Ranch Wagon, a '62 Ford Ranch Wagon, a '65 Impala Wagon, a '67 Country Squire Wagon, and , finally, a '70 Chevy Kingswood Estate wagon before he switched over to the larger but more usefull full sized GM vans. My wife, had similar experiences with her Dad's wagons, but the only one she remembers is the mid '70's Mercury wagon with the fake wood, like my Dad's '67 Country Squire.

I, on the other hand, have had about 30 or so vehicles of many types the last 40 years or so, my first car at age 17 (1972) was a '67 Mercury Cougar with a bone stock 289 2 barrel carb, 3 speed manual trans. my 1st wagon was a '70 Corolla-PAXP-deijE.gif 2 door that I bought for $300 in 1980, needing an engine rebuild. I used it as a work/commuter car so I could leave my 280Z safe at home. My 2nd wagon was a 1986 Olds Ciera FWD wagon, that I bought from a family from church when I blew the motor of my 1990 Ford Probe, when I started a new job in Reno after a bad job change (my fault, I should have known that the LOW SENIORITY employee would not work FULL TIME...) cost us our new house in So. Cal and we took the opportunity to escape California and start over in Reno. We soon learned why we saw SO many Subaru wagons in Reno and Tahoe....and we bought 2, and our son bought a Legacy GT sedan, too...We now have a 2007 Focus Wagon, which is adequate and a decent enough and presentable car for our needs, now that I am "retired" a bit early due to Parkinson's disease...

post-56044-0-86362400-1497242540.gif

post-56044-0-16331700-1497242638.gif

post-56044-0-03593500-1497242732.gif

post-56044-0-19578800-1497243389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arlo55