seniority

Obviously this fu@ktard doesn't understand the word UNION.

Why would ones local language that could effect everybody in the UNION not just there local be allowed. Only the IUAW can make this happen and believe you me it ain't.

Yes you are one of a kind and by your posting you surely don't UNDERSTAND the CONTRACT do ya now.

have you ever been to dearborn complex, they have there own rules. crazy. ask your UNION if they know the meaning of UNION?????

Don't like my truck or shot gun do ya.

Both AMERICAN made !

And of course 34 posts and a joined date of 4/2015.

Daddy get you your job did he.

how many american parts are on that truck ??? when i worked a dtp i would say 75% of the parts are NOT made here!.....

how many american parts are on that truck ??? when i worked a dtp i would say 75% of the parts are NOT made here!.....

Last years models starting 09-14 had a sticker on the drivers side window that said 85% of this vehicle had product made/assembled in the U.S. FWIW...
  • Like 3

Plant seniority finely. Livonia pushing for Dec 1 2000.can't wait

ok...so this is what started this thread? i just got caught up. I'm not sure where this guy gets his info,,but this is not true as far as i know.

just so you know...i am on the executive board...so i should know something...lol.

what i can tell you is there is still some resentment from our people how our guys were treated during all the layoffs since the early 2000's.

they didnt get to keep their seniority when they were transfered to frap and dearborn....as far as i can remember...because they were pissed about it.

then we laid guys off,,then 2 months later,,we brought in Wixom and Sheldon Rd people to fill the 6-speed..all had higher seniority and got to keep it.

our biggest question..was...wixom and sheldon were already laid off,,,and there were openings. at Frap and dearborn...why not send them there and keep our guys here....seemed like alot of movement and displacing our guys.. i understand that yes...its in the National Contract..just seemed shitty.

So we dealt with it until 2008,,,when i got laid off along with 500 others...and 475 jobs where posted at Wayne assembly...i bid...i got one..then a day later it was suspended...the 2 weeekks later it was canceled..reposted as only 175 jobs...i did not get one,,,and stayed laid off for 6 months along with alot of other guys.

The arguement we heard is the Wayne cried and fought because Mich truck was shutting down in dec...this was june...and they needed those openings for thier people...and they got it...we felt kinda screwed.....and it seemed like when it came to Livonia...we kept getting screwed while we took care of everyone elses laid off employees...

its not an excuse..but maybe some insight as to why we feel that way over here. And now..we knew we were getting the 2 tier plant high seniority and now the MAP just adds more...everytime we gain seniority,,we keep getting knocked back down.

with in 3 years we will go from 800 to 3000+ employees skilled and unskilled. So yea.Livonia is a great place to be..and yes even though its not the same as it used to be,,,we are still spoiled. 4-crew does suck,,but its here to stay,,and the line sux....but we are not putting on bumpers or tires..so....

hope that helps a little

Edited by pillsbarry

Livonia has always been the dumping ground. Back when AOD was firing up we got a shitload of Wayne and Truck Plant people. All the 10-29-84s came from somewhere else. Meanwhile people that hired into Livonia in the late 70s and early 80s and were laid off never got back until 1994 and some in 1998. And they didnt keep their time, they got new hire dates.

In 2000 we got people from the Rouge and Flat Rock. High seniority.

In 2008 we got 150+ from Saline, Wixom and Sheldon Rd. We got them when didnt need them, forcing 150 LIVONIA people to the street. Thats when the GEN pool filled up and Wayne had jobs. We were turned down because MTP bitched about transfer rights. So some went to Wayne, some sat in GEN for 6 months and many hit the street. All because we were forced to take 150 we never needed.

Now I hear if all the Livonia people that got laid off and sent to DTP in 2009 dont get released before Wayne lays off, Wayne can come first because they "arent working".

The Livonia way is to bring in high seniority people every 10 years and hire a few off the street then screw them for the next 25 years.

Edited by 182

Livonia has always been the dumping ground. Back when AOD was firing up we got a shitload of Wayne and Truck Plant people. All the 10-29-84s came from somewhere else. Meanwhile people that hired into Livonia in the late 70s and early 80s and were laid off never got back until 1994 and some in 1998. And they didnt keep their time, they got new hire dates.

In 2000 we got people from the Rouge and Flat Rock. High seniority.

In 2008 we got 150+ from Saline, Wixom and Sheldon Rd. We got them when didnt need them, forcing 150 LIVONIA people to the street. Thats when the GEN pool filled up and Wayne had jobs. We were turned down because MTP bitched about transfer rights. So some went to Wayne, some sat in GEN for 6 months and many hit the street. All because we were forced to take 150 we never needed.

Now I hear if all the Livonia people that got laid off and sent to DTP in 2009 dont get released before Wayne lays off, Wayne can come first because they "arent working".

The Livonia way is to bring in high seniority people every 10 years and hire a few off the street then screw them for the next 25 years.

Get use to it, it's the Ford UAW way .

The Van Dyke way is to bring them in every 5 years and never hire anybody and screw everyone else for the next 30 years!!

Edited by DrX

What's with the " they will terminate their seniority at all other locations. "

Likely if its out of zone and you make the elective choice to take a new job ( in a different zone ) its now your new home plant and zone.

U can hope n wish for whatever u want but we r all 1 big disgruntled blue oval family & seniority is seniority period it's not a local issue its national, just this past Monday we had the bottom 40 guys from van dyke transmission plant come to the sterling axle plant & now they have 750 guys under them that's the way it works

• Like 1

You know One Of a kind, I hope you get put into the same situation were you get to take your seniority, scratch that.

You know what FUCK YOU and the horse you rode in on you pimply faced mother fuckin piece of shit. Its not ever ever going to happen so STFU about it and take what you get and be glad your still living at home with mommy and daddy and have a fucking job that most people would kill for.

If you take the most basic right from us (not you one of a kind ) something that was fought for long before you were even thought of what's the use of even having seniority. What's the use of even having a union.

IF YOU DON'T FUCKING LIKE IT LEAVE, BUT PLEASE PLEASE STFU ABOUT IT. :play:

• Like 1