seniority

That's some bs! We at sterling have taken in guys from wixom, vd, Romeo, saline, rawsonville hell maybe even more plants than that & the leveling is 1984 per iuaw which is how it outta b but 99% that have come r from say 1989 all the way up to 2013 & however ur seniority lands u either move up or down the ladder it helps some hurts some but seniority is seniority. I think the only thing a transfer can't do immediately is run for office think they gotta wait a year for that but job postings r fair game for all as it outta b!!!

QQ

Wow lets just fu*k over people who have seniority that worked hard for it, weather at your plant or another plant BROTHER.

We're no god damn UNION, it's stupid shit like this that's happening at some fu*ked up local that separates us right BROTHER.

Enjoy the AWS 182

With this stupid shit happening maybe its time for right to work BROTHER ! :play:

Nobody, anywhere, gives a crap about anybody but themselves.

Edited by 182

Unfortunately for Livonia, They CAN NOT add this bullshit under the current contract. You may want to read section 1 of the contract covering Seniority and related matters. Along with section 23 of the same article. From what I see, the ONLY way this can be done is if it was in place at the time the current contract was ratified. Otherwise, your Seniority carries with any transfer.

Sorry About your luck "One of a kind" Read your Contract....I DID!

• Like 2

according to national agreement vol.1 page 69. "seniority shall be computed from the date of hire into or TRANSFER into a plant." national agreement page 70 and 71 under transfer leveling seniority date last paragraph " except as specifically provided nothing in this subsection is intended to affect any seniority provisions of the agreement or local agreement including in multiplant locations."

You might want to read the ENTIRE article...Including section 3 Which states that local agreements CURRENTLY in effect shall remain in effect, unless changed by the local WITH approval of the national Ford Department AND labor Affairs for the Company.

In other words...For you fools to get this done, Since it was NOT in effect at the time of ratification...you need to go thru NATIONAL FORD as well as CORPORATE labor affairs. Don't count on it happening.

Nice try though...It WON'T happen.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 2

First of all, if you know anything about the National agreement, you carry your seniority with you. You cannot negotiate anything locally that supercedes the National agreement. We have heard from clowns like you before when we transfered to other facilities, and guess what we still had our seniority. So let me break it down for you over at Livonia. MAP is laying off and Rawsonville is going to also post it at their facility. So in other word there is a whole lot of people coming who are going to have a lot of seniority, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. HA! HA!

Get used to it, some day you will have seniority TOO!

Edited by whitetail

Plant seniority doesn't mean a damn thing. Your seniority is your hire date or 1984 whatever the level off date is, end of story. One of a kind and all the rest at livonia are nuts if they think people will lose their time when they transfer to their plant

Simply put, According to the FORD master agreement, Seniority for transfers is 1984 OR the hire in date, , and NO local can change the contract on this issue. We are NOT Chrysler, and our contractual language is different than theirs is.

You don't have to like it, but deal with the fact that your "Halfway to Retirement" is not going to help you in any way when a bunch of folks with 25+ years transfer to Livonia.

Enjoy...

Ill go right now, all you ass holes can have this place. Ill trade spots, you bring your 25 years and Ill go take my 20 and your job on days. 4 assembly lines will be running, 2 running three shifts. Dont think youre going to be sitting pretty doing nothing. The assembly work sucks here.

And I bet your an idiot. I'm not or can I " take away seniority." And I'm over half way to retirement, and if it is something that is with in a locals right to have why not try to get it? Because it is as simple as if we don't use it they will take it away.

The plant management and the local should delay the hiring, so that all the MAP people get laid off and none of the high seniority get to transfer. If the C crew goes away in July, Livonia will be fine. People will not be needed until 2016.

Ill go right now, all you ass holes can have this place. Ill trade spots, you bring your 25 years and Ill go take my 20 and your job on days. 4 assembly lines will be running, 2 running three shifts. Dont think youre going to be sitting pretty doing nothing. The assembly work sucks here.

Try doing assembly work putting a vehicle together, then you can talk about assembly work that sucks! Enjoy your gravy and pray you don't go to an assembly plant

C crew is going away at MAP right you fucking idiot? And when it does all the old timers are going to jump ship out of MAP. Thus leaving 400 openings for the Tier 2 guys to stay. Id love to have a job at MAP with Tier 2 guys below me. Livonia people are there RIGHT NOW ON DAYS. Guys that were smart enough to stay when they got laid off in 2008. So MTP'er get your head out of your ass.