New Galaxy bows in Geneva

The Explorer goes back to being an SUV and a 3 row Edge would be the CUV.

Makes sense. The Flex is today's CUV, but the Explorer is currently more CUV than SUV.

Ford has a Rugged BOF 3 row SUV, if the next one ever shows up in the USA is the real question. The only way it works is to do a NAFTA zone assembly with the Next Ranger and next Troller/Bronco. Could that plant get 250,000 units of those 3, you could safely get 175K of those 3 units in the USA market, the question is could the rest of the Americas and possibly China with the Troller/Bronco swallow up 75K-100K, without local production the Troller/Bronco would be very expensive and a niche in China, and I'm not sure the rest of the Americas could consistently hit those numbers. I think the Flex is done, Ford is probably actively surveying people that purchased it on the coasts and seeing if they can reasonably make a product that keeps them in the Ford umbrella, they need to find out why they bought it in the first place.

Ford-Everest-Ranger-SUV-(18).jpg

I expect Explorer to have higher ground clearance, more aggressive tires and more rugged styling. 3 row Edge would provide a softer alternative.

Because people want loud tires on their non-off-roading vehicles?

The Explorer formula works. It does not need to be radically altered. Add 'bling' to the top of the range, strip some of the cheap models off the bottom, and voila.

If people wanted a Jeep, they'd just go out and buy one. No one's stopping them.

Ford is going to do a major overhaul on the Expedition, I don't think they need *three* seven passenger utilities (or four if you count the stretch Expy separately).

Edited by RichardJensen

I do not think that you can have this:

attachicon.gifcd6.png

If you think that Ford can build an SUV competitive w/Jeep products off the same platform as a full size Lincoln sedan matched against the low-end 7-Series/S-Class...........

Why not?

:hysterical:

Edited by Biker16

Allroad sales:

638 YTD, and down 32% YOY

Also, I don't think the Allroad is on the same platform as the A8.

Finally, it hardly seems to be a template for an Explorer type CUV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_allroad_quattro#/media/File:Audi_A4_allroad_quattro_Phantomschwarz.JPG

Edited by RichardJensen
Sarcasm extraction complete.