More Taurus spy photos

bzcat

My understanding of that plant is that, with some expansion to paint/body, you could easily run two full speed final lines, but that they do not do so at present because they can't build BIWs fast enough.

That is correct. From what I know of the situation that is the plan, but the fusion and mustang will continue to share a line, and the Continental and Taurus will use that second line.

Other than lighting which is dictated by national laws, what exactly is the difference between NA and Euro Focus, Fiesta, Escape/Kuga and Fusion/Mondeo? Other than the steering wheel being on the wrong side on some models?

At any rate, if Ford wanted to differentiate the Chinese & US Taurses they could easily do so, as they did with the ~2010 Fiesta:

http://www.automobilesnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ford-fiesta-2011.jpg

Edited by RichardJensen

That is correct. From what I know of the situation that is the plan, but the fusion and mustang will continue to share a line, and the Continental and Taurus will use that second line.

Well, if that's the case, then that would explain why the Taurus wouldn't launch simultaneously. Also why Ford would want to hold off on those plans until after the contract.

The answer to your questions are here:

frd.jpg

How does this look?

2015 – 12 platforms

F150

Super Duty

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

E series

B – Ecosport, Fiesta, etc.

C – Focus, Escape, C max

CD – Fusion, Edge

D3/4 – Taurus, Explorer

S550 – Mustang

Falcon/Territory

2016 – 9 platforms

F- series

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

E series

C – Focus, Escape, C max

CD – Fusion, Edge

D3/4 – Taurus, Explorer

S550 - Mustang

Target – 8 platforms

F- series

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

B

C

CD6

S550

Well, if that's the case, then that would explain why the Taurus wouldn't launch simultaneously. Also why Ford would want to hold off on those plans until after the contract.

I can't speak to exactly why because I don't know. My best guess is because Ford wants to wait and see on what the labor cost might be so they can act accordingly.

How does this look?

2015 – 12 platforms

F150

Super Duty

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

E series

C – Focus, Escape, C max

CD – Fusion, Edge

D3/4 – Taurus, Explorer

S550 – Mustang

Falcon/Territory

2016 – 9 platforms

F- series

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

E series

C – Focus, Escape, C max

CD – Fusion, Edge

D3/4 – Taurus, Explorer

S550 - Mustang

Target – 8 platforms

F- series

Ranger

Transit

Transit Connect

B

C

CD6

S550

Isn't Transit Connect already on the C-platform? Also, don't forget about the Heavy Duty F-650/750 if that's a different platform than 250-550

I don't think they're counting heavy duty stuff.

The picture clearly shows 3 van platforms. If not TC then what is the 3rd? What is the 12th platform for 2015?

Where does that Torneau and/or Torneau Connect come into play? I would doubt their on their own plaform but who knows?

Dont they sit between the TC and Transit?

Edited by rmc523

Where does that Torneau and/or Torneau Connect come into play? I would doubt their on their own plaform but who knows?

Dont they sit between the TC and Transit?

I thought it was an offshoot of the Transit Connect that was slotted between that and Transit somehow. I can't make sense of what happens in Europe.

I thought it was an offshoot of the Transit Connect that was slotted between that and Transit somehow. I can't make sense of what happens in Europe.

I was genuinely asking - I have no idea what platform its on or how it works. I too find it hard to follow Euro operations/platforms, etc.

The Tourneo is a Transit with windows and seats, as is the Tourneo Connect. The 7-seat Grand TC is 400 mm longer. IMHO, it should be in NA. :)

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Tourneo-Connect/Overview

If you need to seat up to five people, the all-new Tourneo Connect is the car for you. If you need even more room and seats for up to seven, you need the all-new Grand Tourneo Connect.

I saw a white Taurus today and thought to myself...... how does something so old still look so fresh? I really dig the Taurus, and if anything it's grown on me since this version came out.

Anyone else still think it looks great?

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

I saw a white Taurus today and thought to myself...... how does something so old still look so fresh? I really dig the Taurus, and if anything it's grown on me since this version came out.

Yep. I continue to be impressed at how good it looks considering all the compromises forced upon it.

You guys who really dig this generation of the Taurus should be paying attention in a year or so. You might have one of the best new car buying opportunities of your life.

You guys who really dig this generation of the Taurus should be paying attention in a year or so. You might have one of the best new car buying opportunities of your life.

What do you know about the new Taurus to make a statement like that? .