Bangkok show: Facelifted Ford Ranger revealed

jpd80

Bangkok show: Facelifted Ford Ranger revealed

LINK

THE facelifted version of Ford’s Australian-developed Ranger utility has been officially unveiled in Thailand, touting advanced driver-assist technology, improved on-road dynamics, better diesel efficiency and an overhauled cabin.

In terms of powertrains, the 2.2-litre four-cylinder TDCI turbo-diesel’s output jumps 8kW and 10Nm to 118kW/385Nm, with Ford claiming fuel efficiency gains of up to 22 per cent.

While the Blue Oval has not revealed specific fuel economy figures, there will be a drop from the current version of the 2.2-litre unit that currently ranges between 7.6 litres per 100 kilometres to 9.4L/100km, depending on the variant.

The more potent 147kW/470Nm 3.2-litre five-cylinder TDCi diesel gains an exhaust gas recirculation system update that helps improve fuel efficiency by up to 18 per cent, which will boost the 8.9-9.6L/100km figures of the existing model.

Ford’s base 122kW/225Nm 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine appears to be unchanged.

Some significant improvements in fuel economy for the diesels,

this could be big news for the 3.2 I-5 diesel going into Transit in USA

• Like 3

Some significant improvements in fuel economy for the diesels,

this could be big news for the 3.2 I-5 diesel going into Transit in USA

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2015-ford-ranger-this-is-it-1693070302

Looks really nice, one thing I can't figure out is the 1980's power mirror adjustment switch next to the steering wheel, had to go way back in the Ford parts bin to find that one.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2015-ford-ranger-this-is-it-1693070302

Looks really nice, one thing I can't figure out is the 1980's power mirror adjustment switch next to the steering wheel, had to go way back in the Ford parts bin to find that one.

Think producing RHD and LHD vehicles as effectively as possible,

switches on steering wheel removes a complication from door trims

You originally said it was on the steering wheel, and i didn't see it in the picture to catch it.

Sorry, I meant Dash / Instrument pod. Tell the truth, i didn't pick up what you said until after I added that big picture.

Too many hours awake on the other side of the world.

Sorry, I meant Dash / Instrument pod. Tell the truth, i didn't pick up what you said until after I added that big picture.

Too many hours awake on the other side of the world.

No worries, monster is the only thing keeping me going right now, thank goodness my week ends in 2.5 hours
  • Like 2

Ford Ranger outsold Toyota Hilux in New Zealand last year... first time that happened... ever. I think.

Ford Ranger is also Ford Australia's best selling model by a good margin.

So a lot is riding on the model... it's a critical part of Ford's drive to remain relevant in a lot of markets in Asia Pacific and Africa.

Interior seems fine to me. Nothing stands out in a positive or negative way. Like to see the back seats, and if/how how they fold up. The exterior doesn't do much for me. Can't pinpoint it, but the front end is not something i particularly like. Maybe the hood slope, stance, not sure? I'm a big fan of smaller trucks, but that one doesn't really interest me based purely on aesthetics.