Visiting DTP, Henry Ford

Hey guys looking for a little input. I'm planning on taking my father to Dearborn to see DTP and the Henry Ford museum. I have been once before when ford awarded me a trip. However, this will be a weekend trip so I am trying to maximize my time. Any advice on this Trip? Place to stay, best time of day for assembly plant, things to do, etc. I just put in his 15 F150 order today so he's excited to get his platinum in 6-8 wks. I know he will love the DTP tour and the henry ford. I'm looking forward to Greenfield village myself. Any input is appreciated.

No advice other than to say a great trip. we went about 8 years ago asnd would like to do the trip again. I tell my friends with young kids it is an unbelievable education for them between Greenfield Village, The museum, and the plant tour. We have Sturbridge Village and Plymouth Plantation here in Mass which are both colonial American reproductions. Greenfield village is the same thing-only set in early 20th century.

The plant is on break at 9:30, 11:30 and 2:30 for a half hour each, so you won't get to see any of the cool stuff. give the museum at least 2 hours. I can't speak to the village, I haven't been there since I was in 3rd grade.

We do tag relief. Plant starts up at 6am and runs till lunch at 11:50. Starts up again at 12:20 and runs till shift ends at 4:30. Afternoon shift starts at 5:30.

Henry Ford's house on the Campus of UofM Dearborn is near there. You could stay at the Adoba which used to be the hyatt they seem to always a good deal, I'd also recommend going down to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) and the Detroit Historical Museum. Guess it all depends on how many days your here. The village is really cool, some of the history in there is just as impressive as the museum.

Hey guys looking for a little input. I'm planning on taking my father to Dearborn to see DTP and the Henry Ford museum. I have been once before when ford awarded me a trip. However, this will be a weekend trip so I am trying to maximize my time. Any advice on this Trip? Place to stay, best time of day for assembly plant, things to do, etc. I just put in his 15 F150 order today so he's excited to get his platinum in 6-8 wks. I know he will love the DTP tour and the henry ford. I'm looking forward to Greenfield village myself. Any input is appreciated.

Stay at the Dearborn Inn. It was built by Henry Ford and has lots of history. I stayed there many times and it was always very nice. When I

stayed there it was owned by Ford. It is now Marriott. It is also next door to everything you will visit. Probably $200 a night. Ford always paid my bill, but if I was to stay in Dearborn now it would be at the Dearborn Inn. Note that the rooms are small.

Stay at the Dearborn Inn. It was built by Henry Ford and has lots of history. I stayed there many times and it was always very nice. When I

stayed there it was owned by Ford. It is now Marriott. It is also next door to everything you will visit. Probably $200 a night. Ford always paid my bill, but if I was to stay in Dearborn now it would be at the Dearborn Inn. Note that the rooms are small.

That is a very nice hotel, was actually the first airport hotel in the world when it was built across from the Ford Airport (now Ford test track)