2015 f-150

Never said that. Why you putting words in my mouth?

Yes, you did.

You said that if it were *you* mounting the bumpers, *you* would do a good job, because *you*, unlike the putative DTP assembler, take pride in your work.

That whole line of reasoning presupposes that these issues are due to human assembly error, and not due to an intermittent issue with a machine on the assembly line.

BTW: I'm sorry for being rather rude to you & F250 earlier. I should've eaten a sandwich first.

Also, I'm occasionally amazed that *anything* works, given how complicated things generally are these days.

I's okay Rich, I sometimes write things I shouldn't too. I just want Ford to be the best they can be, and sometimes constructive criticism can help get the wheels turning in the right direction. No harm no foul.

• Like 1

There's a solution to the problem in your statement. If Ford won't authorize adjustment before delivery, then do it after delivery before the customer has a chance to drive it off the lot.

Doesn't work that way.

customer: Align the panels and I'll buy it

dealer: Sign here and we'll fix it.

customer: OH no, fix it then I'll sign

dealer: Oh you can "trust us" we'll make it right

customer: If you won't fix it to close the deal what guarantee do I have after I sign. The only leverage I have is the deal...

Then the silent staring at each other starts. Remember Ford will send the all-important survey to the customer after the deal asking how pleasant their buying experience was.

I went through something like this years ago with a Mercury Marine dealer.

Edited by F250

My dealership has only 3.

This XL S-Crew was the only one that had not been prepped yet so this is as-delivered.

In the big picture if this is the only or biggest problem the new F150 has I'll be very happy.

These trucks are damn good looking in person as is the new Mustang...

IMG_20150221_132529_zpsxwvbwafb_edit_142

Edited by F250

Perhaps the customer doesn't even notice

Customer: I'll take it

Salesman: ok, we will take it to get it ready, oh and there's a slight mis alignment with the bumper, we will go ahead and fix that for you right now, it shouldn't be long.

Paperwork is filled out while the fix is done. No harm, no foul

right? Dealer made it right and the customer is happy. not everyone is a prickly bastard customer.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

My dealership has only 3.

This XL S-Cab was the only one that had not been prepped yet so this is as-delivered.

In the big picture if this is the only or biggest problem then new F150 has I'll be very happy.

These trucks are damn good looking in person as in the new Mustang...

IMG_20150221_132529_zpsxwvbwafb_edit_142

Is that what all the hullabaloo is about? That's hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Looking at it closer, it looks like it is aligned, there is a slight slope to the top edge of the bumper there in relation to the middle portion.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I can't find a video that shows when the bumper is attached to the F-150. However, I did find one that shows when the body is attached which shows the bumper already attached as stated above.

The body portion is at the 2:10 mark.

http://youtu.be/LOVse3YUrQI

Cool video thanks for the link.

The guy at 2:52 must give the trucks the official "caress" he should catch this stuff.

But I really want the guy at 3:25 job! I could do that!

sarcasm

Oh for heavens sake, the way it was described at the op I thought it was way the hell off. From those pictures it would take less than 10 minutes to fix.

Right--and I think the main reason why they haven't ok'ed repairs is for epidemiological reasons, for lack of a better term: If you let the body shop fix them coming off the truck, you might not be able to provide the VINs of the affected vehicles, and therefore Ford can't figure out when the problem is occurring.

If I had to guess I'd say Ford is rolling the dice on this. Dealer gets 5 new trucks in. 1 needs bumper or other panel adjustment. Dealer asked for authorization. Ford says not yet. Why? Because truck is not sold yet, no customer so no customer complaint. Ford does not trust dealer. Ford thinks dealer may be trying to get paid on something a customer might not complain about. Ford thinks sell truck and then only if customer complains we might authorize then.

Sound plausible Dean?

Plausible but not common anymore. Ford makes most all inventory issues (panels, rail dust, dirt in paint, etc) be documented and backed up by photos showing damage and vehicle vin plate prior to authorization.

I know this from experience. It's been incredibly frustrating seeing Ford deny rail dust claims on the transit connects. EVERY freaking one has rail dust. They only authorize the really bad ones. Dealer eats the cost of labor for the others.

For what it's worth I haven't seen any F-150's come in with this issue. On the other hand every 2015 Focus has come into PDI with a big glop of yellow grease on the passenger side carpet next to the center console. Bizarre really.

Edited by blazerdude20