The Official Crazy Go-Nuts Bronco Speculation Topic

Something Ford Asia Pacific is working on in Australia, a shortie version of Ranger

Ford_Ranger_Large.jpg?OpenElement

Hmm, I wonder how that little truck would look with a Bronco styled Body....

What a F__ed up truck design. Hey, let's build a trucklet with as short a wheelbase as possible and then mount the bed to carry the payload as high as possible...who needs stability.

What a F__ed up truck design. Hey, let's build a trucklet with as short a wheelbase as possible and then mount the bed to carry the payload as high as possible...who needs stability.

I've actually driven something similar but with a slightly longer bed, an absolute hoot with the earlier 3.0 diesel,

I could lean into the throttle in 2nd and get the back wheels to spin on acceleration.

The bed is too short for most applications but this is a specific need in Asia and is worth a lot of up coming sales.

And BTW, that's the standard bed height in all 4WD Rangers. the extra ground clearance is obvious in the photo.

Edited by jpd80

I would think that bed is used when a flat loading surface is needed. There's no wheel humps since it sits above the wheels. Good for various trades.

Put 1000 lbs in the bed of that thing and drive around an interstate off-ramp and physics will take over. Maybe you're right this is intended for limited use in specific markets. Markets with fewer lawyers.

Maybe you're right this is intended for limited use in specific markets. Markets with fewer lawyers.

Yeah. It's called The Rest of the World. Perhaps you have heard of it. Somehow, they cope.

The Ranger might even displace the Toyota HiLux as #1 Insurgent Gun-Truck in 3rd world conflicts. :)

Put 1000 lbs in the bed of that thing and drive around an interstate off-ramp and physics will take over. Maybe you're right this is intended for limited use in specific markets. Markets with fewer lawyers.

Bullshit, the drop sides allow one loaded pallet to be placed in back.

I've actually driven similar and it was stable.

Ok, this is pretty tangential to the issue, but whatever, it is still kinda cool:

That's a 2-seat Polaris ATV, an RZR XP1000 EPS with a suicide door fiberglass body very cool. Umm sure jpd80 it would make an excellent Bronco and a real Jeep Wrangler competitor...

It weighs only 1,380 lbs and carries 9.5 gal of fuel...very efficient. Of course maintaining 75 mph on I95 and passing safety regs could be worked out later.

2014-Polaris-RZR-XP-1000-Action-Jump-01.

Edited by F250

Bullshit, the drop sides allow one loaded pallet to be placed in back.

I've actually driven similar and it was stable.

Oh, I see. My mistake, I thought you said you drove "something similar" but with a longer wheelbase/bed. And that it was "Something Ford Asia Pacific is working on in Australia, a shortie version of Ranger" for a specific market. But since they are not in production you have not driven a ultra-short wheelbase Ranger like you pictured. Apples to apples.

Yeah. It's called The Rest of the World. Perhaps you have heard of it. Somehow, they cope.

The Ranger might even displace the Toyota HiLux as #1 Insurgent Gun-Truck in 3rd world conflicts. :)

Yea, this is some of the crazy shit that passes for normal transportation in some parts of the world:

busy_bus_india.jpg

Oh, I see. My mistake, I thought you said you drove "something similar" but with a longer wheelbase/bed. And that it was "Something Ford Asia Pacific is working on in Australia, a shortie version of Ranger" for a specific market. But since they are not in production you have not driven a ultra-short wheelbase Ranger like you pictured. Apples to apples.

Yeah, an earlier Courier similar to this

GR85-Resized320x240.jpg

After Courier, we had mazda based ranger up until T8 Arrived

It's a slightly longer whelbase but I think you get the idea..

2012_07_12_ford_ranger_07.jpg

That's a 2-seat Polaris ATV, an RZR XP1000 EPS with a suicide door fiberglass body very cool. Umm sure jpd80 it would make an excellent Bronco and a real Jeep Wrangler competitor...

It weighs only 1,380 lbs and carries 9.5 gal of fuel...very efficient. Of course maintaining 75 mph on I95 and passing safety regs could be worked out later.

I had no Idea of scale until I saw the video,

what I was suggesting with the shortie Ranger is bigger but I still think it bears consideration

as a fun vehicle that could be easily developed if Ford so desired.

Edited by jpd80

Yeah, an earlier Courier similar to this

GR85-Resized320x240.jpg

After Courier, we had mazda based ranger up until T8 Arrived

It's a slightly longer whelbase but I think you get the idea..

2012_07_12_ford_ranger_07.jpg

I had no Idea of scale until I saw the video,

what I was suggesting with the shortie Ranger is bigger but I still think it bears consideration

as a fun vehicle that could be easily developed if Ford so desired.

Supercab. Don't know the stats on that Courier but our supercab Rangers had a wheelbase 18 inches longer than the standard short bed. 18 extra inches of wheelbase equals a lot of stability in a small truck with a heavy load and the first one pictured was an extra short wheelbase I'm assuming shorter than the existing standard cab/short bed. That's why my initial reaction and comment.

Are those drop-side beds factory options there or third party installed on cab/chassis trucks, seems popular in your region.

Edited by F250

Supercab. Don't know the stats on that Courier but our supercab Rangers had a wheelbase 18 inches longer than the standard short bed. 18 extra inches of wheelbase equals a lot of stability in a small truck with a heavy load and the first one pictured was an extra short wheelbase I'm assuming shorter than the existing standard cab/short bed. That's why my initial reaction and comment.

Are those drop-side beds factory options there or third party installed on cab/chassis trucks, seems popular in your region.

Our early Courier pick ups had shorter wheelbase, IIRC the single cab had a 6 foot bed option and the extra cab a 4.5 foot bed.

Longer beds were available on single and extra cabs and were genreally more popular but the shorties were available too.

That T6 Ranger looks to have a similar wheelbase to the earlier short wheelbase extra cabs i posted, the bed looks as though

it has been moved forward to reduce overhang at the rear.....

On second thoughts, it could also be an attribute prototype for something else we've been discussing

We saw some GM Commodores with ridiculously short rear doors acting as APs for Camaro development,

this could be similar.

The aluminum tay backs are very popular with trades amn and fleets because the drop sides allow

fork lifts to load/unload pallets very quickly, you can also load and unload builders sand and gravel

much more effectivly too.

Edited by jpd80