The Official Crazy Go-Nuts Bronco Speculation Topic

And you cannot possibly equate a $10k used vehicle sale with a $30k new vehicle sale. They just are not comparable at all.

Generally I would agree. But these aren't just people buying cheap used trucks - a similar F150 of the same age, mileage and drivetrain go for 1/3 the price. People are paying 5 figures for Broncos because that's what they want and you can't buy a new one from anybody currently.

Has anyone seen annual sales figures of Wrangler sales verses Wrangler Unlimited sales, to make arguments for or against two and four door Bronco models?

As of the latest article I could find, the take rates are 70% 4-door and 30% 2-door.

• Like 1

2 door SUV has no market viability in the US. Too small of a market, too much drag on CAFE due to SWB, and too much liability (rollover risks, difficulty with side impact crash test etc). It's miracle that Jeep Wrangler is still available with 2 doors. If Wrangler was a clean-sheet idea and not a heritage product, I feel 100% confident in saying that it would be 4 doors only and no 2 door version.

Then leave the market to Jeep. They do it right by focusing on building the best vehicle of this type on the market and no other company can compete. God knows a lot of companies have tried through the decades and been run out of the market by the original. Toyota just dropped their FJ40. Ford should leave the Bronco in the past and not stick the name on some cobbled up poser.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I test-drove a 4dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a few months ago. Pitiful.

Poor road manners, sardine-can-like interior, and gutless. Perhaps this is a selling point. Whatever.

If a majority of new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited owners plan to drive them primarily on-road,

I wonder what the draw is. For me, it was the removable roof, 5 seatbelts & 4WD.

Sadly, these selling points were not enough to overcome the cons (in my opinion).

I hope Ford indeed does something unique. Need it be a Rubicon Warrior? Maybe not.

Something more "Isuzu Amigo" and less "Jeep Wrangler" would be good in my book.

I don't care if it makes me a sissy, but I want all the options.

A Luxury model Ford Bronco will make me use my x-pin for the first. time

Gimme heated seats, steering wheel, mirrors, and front windshield defrost....signal mirrors, LED headlight/tail lights... ambient lights, built-in cooler. Stock winch, Lockers, etc....

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

Regarding the negative post on the 4 door Wrangler, I have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and it performs great on and off road, Pentastar engine is powerful, interior is very nice and comfortable and I just love it. Not compared to a car, but compared to where Jeeps (and Broncos) once were.

Regarding used Bronco prices, a clean 66-77 Early Bronco sells for around $20K any day now, extremely nice ones in the $30K range and very high end upgraded or restored stock ones even higher.

After having 3 Early Broncos in the family for many years, I've always said if Ford produced a new Bronco I'd get one in a flash. But, going back to a 2 door and no removable top rather than the 4 Door Rubicon would be a tough decision.

Ford Bronco Comeback? Detroit Automaker Files For an Interesting Trademark

On February 26, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for Bronco by Ford Motors, according to LegalForce Tradearkia.

Full Story

Ford does still license Bronco products as toys, shrits, etc... so it definitely doesn't prove anything, but we can dream.

This one is......a Doozy

Ford Bronco Revealed In Jurassic World Movie?

Fans were expecting to see the a new Ford Bronco appear at the Detroit Auto Show this year, but that did not happen at all leading many to once again believe that Ford is not going to release a Ford Bronco but what about the rumor that they will be debuting it in the Jurassic World movie?

Link

I'm not buying it.....Ford lately has top-notch security when it comes to their secrecy, and there ain't no secrets to be kept from a movie with such a large production crew.... assuming it's reached that point, but still...

The Explorer did play a nice role in the original Jurassic Park, and this would be a GREAT way to reintroduce the Bronco to a large audience.

Unfortunately the sources don't seem to be very legitimate.

Edited by probowler

And the M Class had a big role in the sequel. Seeing as how Jurasic World will feature the Mercedes GLE I find it unlikely to have the Bronco as well.

Not necessarily... I haven't seen the previous movie however.... but I will laugh my ass off if a Mercedes is the MAIN getaway vehicle in this type of movie....

Definitely don't have much cred in the 'rumor" but interesting to talk about none the less.

This is about as legit as surviving the zombie apocalypse in a Hyundai Tucson

Edited by probowler

Not necessarily... I haven't seen the previous movie however.... but I will laugh my ass off if a Mercedes is the MAIN getaway vehicle in this type of movie....

Well, they were in the sequal nearly two decades ago.

jurassic+park.jpg

Edited by sullynd

This is about as legit as surviving the zombie apocalypse in a Hyundai Tucson

I didn't see anything wrong with that tie-in. In an apocalypse, you are going to use whatever you can get your hands on that runs. Whether it's a firetruck or a Tucson or an RV.

Edited by Intrepidatious