Ghosn's Residual Self Image

I'll tell you what the SCARIEST part of ANYTHING to do with Carlos Ghosn is. The Good Old Boys ego versus Mr. Megalomaniac (Ghosn) himself. Besides that Nissan/Renault's culture change is done, their PD plans are firm and innovative, AND they are growing capacity to meet growing demand.

Ford has PD plans that are in its infant stage, culture change is more or less where it was 10 years ago (absolutely nowhere), and they are shrinking capacity to meet falling demand.

Ghosn ALSO has no problems moving home base, many people were down right pissed when they moved from the high rent district of Cali to Tennessee.

Many of you think that giving control of an entire vehicle program to Shelby was a non-event, to quote most "it's just a few body panels and a different intake and exhaust, so what's the big deal?" Its like rolling a snowball down the side of a snow covered mountain, as it picks up speed and more snow, the faster it goes...

Imagine this, Ford and Ghosn get together, Ghosn being a shrewd man who loves a challenge and hates waste, SACKS the entire PD Machine of NA Ford, brings in the PD process he has, COMPLETE with his own engineers. He now has complete control of NA Ford Manufacturing, complete with customer base, AND has absolutely no Good Old Boy network to stand in his way. I can see Ford stock hitting record highs, $20 a share again, anyone?

The 09 P415 program is the ONLY one he's going to keep, and fyi, that's the ONLY program that I see ANY serious money being thrown at current, from your friendly neighborhood insider. I mean, it wouldn't be THAT crazy to hand the current programs to shops like Shelby for upgrade, including "just body panels, and a new intake and exhaust."

So what's the big deal? This would NEVER happen, right? Just like the early days when old Henry bought Lincoln, its the brand Ghosn's after, NOT the company. That blue oval rakes in more customer recognition than ANY other, and a man like Ghosn LOVES attention, especially from customers...

No one going to take me to task on this one? Not like I know anything...

Ghosn is not a miracle worker. He is a cost cutter. What is he doing at Nissan now? Not much. He doesnt knwo what to do once he's finished cost cutting. I would also suggest that Nissans product offering is not on par with Toyota and Honda.

Is he smart? Hell yeah. But he's a one trick pony.