Extended Warranty Advice?

Roman Smolkin

Update from my post above: I got something in the mail from Ford offering 0% financing for getting an extended warranty.

I gave them a call because who doesn't like free financing?

For my 2014 Focus, I wanted a quote for 7 year 100k miles Premium Care with $200 deductible.

Ford's direct price? $2,434

Flood Ford's Price? $880

Well, it goes to show that there is a TON of markup on warranties. Don't go directly with Ford to get the free financing. We've said it a billion times on this forum, go with Flood Ford and get a super awesome deal. Yeah, you'll pay it all at once, but you'll save a ton of dough. I'm getting one this week.

• 1 month later...

When I purchased my Fusion last year, I intended to get a ESP from Flood after the sale. When I was signing the paperwork the finance guy asked me if I was interested, told him about Flood, he looked it up and sold me an ESP at the dealerships cost, which was $15 over the Flood price, so I was able to roll the cost into my financing instead of paying out of pocket.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a old topic. I found this while searching for Ford ESP.

If you that a GM Factory extended warranty for a GM vehicle.

James E. Black Cadillac  Genuine GM Extended Protection Plan (GMEPP).

Please call 877-472-9550 (Option 1 sales) and have your VIN# (Serial Number), Current Odometer reading, and your estimated miles per year you drive.

I bought my extended warranty from them on my 2019 GMC Yukon Denali.

I have no other interest other than to pass on a great experience & great price. When I called, I actually spoke with the owner "Alan" Cool guy.

If anyone noticed, lots of great advice that the original poster never came back to listen to. He created his screen name in 2015, posted once and never came back.

@Roman Smolkin, here's to hoping you get notified of this tag and come on back...I would like to know what he (or she) ended up doing.

Edited by twintornados

My Ford ESP is expiring in December 2019. I'm thinking about renewing it.

I got a quote from www.LombardFordWarrantys.com 

While at my local Autonation Ford dealer yesterday for an oil change, They are giving me a quote too. I'm in Florida so it probably will be a set price.

I got a quote from www.LombardFordWarrantys.com 

Term 
miles 
End Year* End Miles Premium Care Extra Care Base Care Powertrain Care
48,000 2024  77,748 
60,000 2024  89,748 
75,000 2024  104,748 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm considering buying a 2017 CMax Energi and wondering if anyone has any newer advice on purchasing an extended warranty or not.  The one I'm looking at still has about 12 months of factory warranty left, but if I buy the car, I think I'd want ESP with the electronics, etc. on the vehicle.  I haven't needed one for my Wrangler (heck I can fix most of it with a leatherman it seems), but a warranty has come in handy for my wife's BMW.  So, CMax owners, let's hear from you!

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

My 2017 Cmax lease ends next year (Sept 2020)...and I plan to buy the vehicle for my daughter. Do I still get the 8yr/100k Hybrid Component coverage if she is the new owner?

It not, would I be eligible to have the coverage of I kept the vehicle in my name?

Warranty coverage is not unique to the original owner.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, fordtech1 said:

Factory warranties from Ford go with vehicle. Extended service plans have to be transferred and there is a cost to do so. So yes your hybrid component warranty will stay with the vehicle no matter who’s name it’s registered to. 

Thanks for the info!

• 4 months later...