2015 F150 Paint cracking issue

bdegrand

Bobby - don't believe everything you read.

This right here...I read where someone had stated that 1000 trucks burnt up...Funny, I never noticed a firebomed wasteland outside the plant (well maybe to south where the steel mill is)...Haters going to hate and for some reason post fake info all over the internet...

Edited by DearbornDerek

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know about the paint cracking issue with the new truck? Rumor from an engineer claims passenger compartment is so airtight that when doors are slammed it is causing cracks in paint.

This has to be fake. If the paint in that area was so fragile, it would have cracked when Edmunds hit the box with a sledge hammer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all of the testing this truck has gone through I would also find this very hard to believe. My kids usually slam the crap out of my vehicle doors so I should know fairly quickly if there is such an issue. I now know why my dad used to yell at me whenever I slammed the doors on our '79 Thunderbird! :)

• 1 month later...
Speaking of fire, here's what the first 2015 F-150 I've seen burned in a dealership fire looks like :(

2015.04.25   FORD OF BELLEVUE FIRE   TRUCK 2

2015.04.25   FORD OF BELLEVUE FIRE   TRUCK 3

Autonation Ford of Bellevue (WA state) on April 25th. Got woken up early in the morning by my wife, telling me to turn on the news. There was the dealership, on fire. Almost every F-150 they had was destroyed or rendered useless for sale in some way - the building is completely gone.

:stop:

Edited by Clint Woon

This right here...I read where someone had stated that 1000 trucks burnt up...Funny, I never noticed a firebomed wasteland outside the plant (well maybe to south where the steel mill is)...Haters going to hate and for some reason post fake info all over the internet...

Yeah.....no one was "speaking of fire"....