Steering Wheel not Plumb -- not level

Torino1970

The STEERING WHEEL on my 2014 Titanium is not level it tilts a few degrees === not the column, but the actual steering wheel that you hold. The dealer says alignment is OK and to him the tilt is not an issue. However, it just looks odd when it should be level. The car does not pull to either side. What would be involved in getting the dealer to make the steering wheel level? -- maybe I should do nothing? I realize that this is crazy, but it bothers me when I drive. THANKS for any ideas.

I assume that you mean that when the vehicle is tracking forward in a straight line the mounting bars of the steering wheel are not horizontal.

There are two possibilities.

The front end alignment is correct and the steering wheel is slightly off. There is an alignment adjustment to fix that.

The front end alignment is not correct and the steering wheel is slightly off because of the alignment problem. Aligning the front end should fix it.

murphy62, thanks for the update.

What are the "mounting bars of the steering wheel"?

For the "front end alignment is correct and the steering wheel is slightly off" solution does involve fixing the steering wheel or tackling the front end alignment? -- I want to be prepared when I return to the dealer.